Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Carlos and Lenglet are o.k CBs (I mean we can hardly complain we have reserve CBs who've played for Barca and won europa league when you think of some of the dross we've had in last 15 years in that area) but it's just so unconvincing as a partnership imo.

Do they ever talk to anyone around them? Neville called it after 10 minutes on comms that Maguire was getting the better of Kamara so we need one of the CBs to wander into that area.

Instead we do nothing and concede five minutes later from him winning the header.

We just look vulnerable in that position against decent attackers who can cross. Surely Pau has to start at Fulham?!

I can't think of two many worse pairings in the Premier League and I know they stecsecknd choice but we won't finish top 5 with these two

37 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He didn't do anything wrong today. Made a couple of important blocks and his passing into Watkins was very good. 

How he's being blamed for the winner I don't understand. He can't magically grow 5 inches to header it clear. McTominay was Cash's man and he got bullied by him. 

He can move though. Perhaps take some responsibility and actually challenge the loose ball. Lazy shit.

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Carlos and Lenglet are o.k CBs (I mean we can hardly complain we have reserve CBs who've played for Barca and won europa league when you think of some of the dross we've had in last 15 years in that area) but it's just so unconvincing as a partnership imo.

Do they ever talk to anyone around them? Neville called it after 10 minutes on comms that Maguire was getting the better of Kamara so we need one of the CBs to wander into that area.

Instead we do nothing and concede five minutes later from him winning the header.

We just look vulnerable in that position against decent attackers who can cross. Surely Pau has to start at Fulham?!

The big problem you highlighted is that you don’t have a CB taking responsibility. Mings then Pau then Konsa were led or anointed through fire by trial to hold the line and now it’s just a free for all whenever the ball is in the box. 

How Diego ever got the captaincy is a wonder to me when no one is speaking along that back line. 

23 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I thought he was fine as well. Not keen on them as a pair but overall don't think him or Lenglet done much wrong really?

Obviously we lost so probably won't be as appreciated but he's definitely our 2nd best ball playing defender. Some of his passes straight through the middle of the pitch were great and got us up the pitch. 

I prefer him to Lenglet but that probably isn't saying much. I'd feel better with Carlos partnering Torres. 

That will happen at Fulham surely, Lenglet has had enough starts in premier league now.

• Like 2

Â