Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Delighted to see him yesterday, I know it was brief and sounds hard on Konsa, but he offered much more offensively. Really hope he plays these final 3 games. I reckon he starts next Saturday.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Delighted to see him yesterday, I know it was brief and sounds hard on Konsa, but he offered much more offensively. Really hope he plays these final 3 games. I reckon he starts next Saturday.

Could we not just do what we did yesterday?

Have him as the CB and Konsa as the " defensive " RB?

That way no one gets " dropped ", well aside from Ash obviously.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That’s an option but I’d worry about Konsa’s pace as he’s not the quickest. 

It was nice to see Carlos out there again, he’s only made about 3 starts for us hasn’t he or something ridiculous like that

Edited by burchy
  • Like 1

He’s got so much ping in his passing he hardly needs a back lift. That cross to Ollie was delicious if only someone ran off Ollie just before he headed it they would have had a tap in. 

• Like 2

Arsenal have been playing Ben White all season at fullback, so don't see why konsa can't do it he has done it before if it means getting Carlos alongside Mings, but saying that Konsa has been very impressive alongside Mings, specially defensively where Carlos would give you an upgrade would be his passing, & that would add to the way we play out from the back. But would you put Konsa at fullback over Ashley or Cash when fit ? It's a nice problem to have for a change, but yep Diego Carlos looks a player even in the very limited time we've seen him play, so glad he is back from his really bad injury & looking in great shape, be interesting if we do add another centre back in the summer, specially with the form of Konsa under Emery.

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was hoping Cash might be back.

You can’t knock the Mings & Konsa defensive record post Leicester, I just think Carlos & Mings gives us more control and versatility. Its small percentages that make the difference at this level.

incidentally, I think Ben White has been stand-out excellent this season.

• Like 2

Konsa is good defensively but provides very limited progression with his passing or threat from set pieces. He also doesn’t appear to be a leader in the group.

He’d be a fantastic second choice CB to have in the squad but Carlos will jump him in the summer. We need a fourth CB but maybe the new RB can cover both positions. 

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s got so much ping in his passing he hardly needs a back lift. That cross to Ollie was delicious if only someone ran off Ollie just before he headed it they would have had a tap in. 

Could do a better job than Cash IMO, 

Would be at all suprised if he starts at RB on Saturday 

30 year old centre back out for nearly a season with an injury that severely hampers acceleration and spring to start his first game back at right back.

Yeah that's not going to happen.

It's not his position.

He's the wrong side of 30 for it regardless.

His mobility with forever be comprised by the achilles tear.

He isn't running  up and down any line.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, burchy said:

That’s an option but I’d worry about Konsa’s pace as he’s not the quickest. 

It was nice to see Carlos out there again, he’s only made about 3 starts for us hasn’t he or something ridiculous like that

I thought Konsa WAS quite pacey? I thought that was one of his strengths as a player?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I thought Konsa WAS quite pacey? I thought that was one of his strengths as a player?

I think so too.

Konsa also has that ability of being difficult to dribble around and has a knack of winning a free-kick.

Think he'd do well at RB.

Carlos (if fit) has to start the remaining games, an extra dimension in passing and aerial presence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

30 year old centre back out for nearly a season with an injury that severely hampers acceleration and spring to start his first game back at right back.

Yeah that's not going to happen.

It's not his position.

He's the wrong side of 30 for it regardless.

His mobility with forever be comprised by the achilles tear.

He isn't running  up and down any line.

To what tune? 

11 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Nice to see the ‘cup of traditions’ proudly displayed in the physio room. 

Absolute disgrace, biggest trophy we’ve won in 20 years, NSWE OUT

Edited by Osirus
  • Haha 1

Â