Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

31 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

From the owners perspective LVV will be a money printing machine like all American sports franchises are. What they really need are players to boost their profile. Suarez for instance would be a smart signing for us for one or 2 seasons. And then we send him off to Vegas to coach up some of the loan players we send.

The advantage of this is creating ties between the 2 clubs and because there is now a fanbase for Villa fans it would spread more easily. Its why there are so many united/arsenal/spurs fans overseas even with their lack of recent success it's a lot easier to pick to support them when your mates already do. 

I want the Suarez's of 15 years ago. Signing ageing players never works out. Their either shit , can't play 45 minutes , in it for the last pay day or their ego fucX the whole team up. No no no no. 

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

I want the Suarez's of 15 years ago. Signing ageing players never works out. Their either shit , can't play 45 minutes , in it for the last pay day or their ego fucX the whole team up. No no no no. 

Ibrahimovic 2016-2022

Larssen 2007

Scholes 2012

Cambiasso 2014 

Pirlo 2011-15

Giroud 2022

Djeko 2021

Ronaldo 2018-2022

Just some examples of players who have been brought in at a late stage of their career and have made a massive impact. 

Edit: not saying you’re wrong btw, just saying that ageing players aren’t always a bad thing when measuring the pros and cons, sometimes they work really well. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, tinker said:

If he knows he's coming as a backup what's the issue? 

Suarez is still a solid player. He can't play the full 90 every week. But a few spot minutes and I don't mind us trying some false 9 or Bailey/Traore upfront for 20 minutes in the event of an injury to our main striker. 

We as a team are very naive and lack the ability to grift advantages. Suarez is the absolute master of these plays and will bring some guile to the team. Give us one or 2 seasons then off to Vegas for a small fee that offsets some of his wages. 

• Like 2

Probably already been done and then announced with quotes and photos when the window opens and work permit agreed. Or alternatively his missus has taken one look at Birmingham and has done a runner with Diego in tow . 

Terry Gibson has waxed lyrical about our Diego. Just listened to him discussing his La Liga team.of the season. Without a doubt he said that Carlos is a sensational footballer  who is made for the Prem. Quick strong good on the ball aggressive. 

He picked him next to Kounde in his team of the season. And said that if someone could afford both then it would be stupid not to buy both as they are the perfect foil for one another. 

• Like 2

On 26/05/2022 at 17:32, CVByrne said:

I love that he's nasty, has an edge to him. 

me too......a classy Shaun Teale.

Edited by TRO

On 29/05/2022 at 20:33, MotoMkali said:

If he knows he's coming as a backup what's the issue? 

Suarez is still a solid player. He can't play the full 90 every week. But a few spot minutes and I don't mind us trying some false 9 or Bailey/Traore upfront for 20 minutes in the event of an injury to our main striker. 

We as a team are very naive and lack the ability to grift advantages. Suarez is the absolute master of these plays and will bring some guile to the team. Give us one or 2 seasons then off to Vegas for a small fee that offsets some of his wages. 

We have to surround ourselves with winners......The mentality is contagious and the whole squad needs to be immersed in it.....We will still find it difficult to sign young versions of winners after finishing 14th, what we have done so far is amazing.

Imagine Archer and Ollie learning off Suarez.

For One season, it enhances the belief in the squad, and even if he isn't the player he was, opposition players will still be wary of him and that in game nous is still there.

For one season to break in to the top flight, I think its a no brainer.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â