Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

With Carlos, Konsa, Chambers and Mings we've got CB sorted I reckon. You'd say Carlos and Mings start and Chambers and Konsa are backup with massive potential. What's not to like? Excellent from the club so far.

Definitely , the fact that Carlos can cover both sides is a huge bonus,  Mings elevates the others , but with Carlos next to him it will allow him to concentrate on his own game and will release a massive amount of pressure off his shoulders.

5 hours ago, AV82 said:

I'm glad he's quick but that is a stupid challenge.

True but if he was going to play him. Year in year out he'd probably realise not to try and challenge him because he can't finish his dinner. 

Watched a few YouTube clips (I know, I know) of Diego and can already tell that he is a possible fan favorite at VP. Strong, aggressive.

However, paired together with Mings, we may be giving up more than our share of penalties and freekicks in good positions. A calmer CB pairing (for either of them really) could possibly be even better.

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Watched a few YouTube clips (I know, I know) of Diego and can already tell that he is a possible fan favorite at VP. Strong, aggressive.

However, paired together with Mings, we may be giving up more than our share of penalties and freekicks in good positions. A calmer CB pairing (for either of them really) could possibly be even better.

I think Carlos with his experience will take pressure of Mings and he can concentrate on his game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Mings conceded one penalty all season and it was against Salah and was an iffy decision that went in favour of Liverpool at Anfield.

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

I think Carlos with his experience will take pressure of Mings and he can concentrate on his game.

Combine these two factors, and we're looking very good.  Mings will no longer have to cover for, or panic about gaps being left by Konsa who does nothing. Fewer mistakes from him and also able to make up for the odd error Diego Carlos makes. 

I think they'll be a new Mellberg/Laursen-esque combo who cover for the other whenever they rarely get beaten,  and lead us to the best defence we've had since Southgate/Ehiogu.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

On 26/05/2022 at 23:41, Tomaszk said:

6th, 6th, 6th...and then erm....9th? 16th?..down. I don't want that again.

I don't mind an injection of real quality, but the focus should generally be players under 25.

I'm fairly sure none of Heskey, Dunne and Beye were still at the club when we were relegated. I believe we finally went down a full 5 years after O'Neill's sacking? The club had become a basket case in that time, top to bottom, on and off the pitch. 

I have concerns we might end up with 4/5 33 year old players on £120-150k a week who are no longer of any use to the club, but not for the same reasons as back then. The level of ambition shown is different, the landscape hasn't changed at the midway point as it did under Lerner and these are actual businessmen in charge. The two situations shouldn't be compared, even if you believe, like I do, it is right to express words of caution. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm fairly sure none of Heskey, Dunne and Beye were still at the club when we were relegated. I believe we finally went down a full 5 years after O'Neill's sacking? The club had become a basket case in that time, top to bottom, on and off the pitch. 

I have concerns we might end up with 4/5 33 year old players on £120-150k a week who are no longer of any use to the club, but not for the same reasons as back then. The level of ambition shown is different, the landscape hasn't changed at the midway point as it did under Lerner and these are actual businessmen in charge. The two situations shouldn't be compared, even if you believe, like I do, it is right to express words of caution. 

I still have the feeling a few players will likely move to Las Vegas Villains, well I'm hoping that will be the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Yeah, I can see this having a bit of a Carew cult hero style to it. 

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The last i heard he was having a medical on Thursday.

His Wikipedia said it will be completed on June 10 when the window opens

The last I heard he was in bed with Mings and Kamara.

NOTE: See previous page for background.

Edited by sparrow1988

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I hadn't thought of that, smart idea. 

From the owners perspective LVV will be a money printing machine like all American sports franchises are. What they really need are players to boost their profile. Suarez for instance would be a smart signing for us for one or 2 seasons. And then we send him off to Vegas to coach up some of the loan players we send.

The advantage of this is creating ties between the 2 clubs and because there is now a fanbase for Villa fans it would spread more easily. Its why there are so many united/arsenal/spurs fans overseas even with their lack of recent success it's a lot easier to pick to support them when your mates already do. 

Â