Sven Botman

Delphinho123

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is this really a thing though across teams ? Surely every team doesn’t have a left and a right footed centre half paring ?

No, theres an imbalance with right footed ones

Its something I think mings has benefitted from with England whilst in poor form, he's the only left footed CB in the majority of recent squads 

But then also with England we had some really top class right footed pairings, Terry and Rio for example both right footed but both good enough for it not to matter 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Its something I think mings has benefitted from with England whilst in poor form, he's the only left footed CB in the majority of recent squads 

But then also with England we had some really top class right footed pairings, Terry and Rio for example both right footed but both good enough for it not to matter 

Terry was quite two-footed to be fair.

• Like 2

By all accounts wasn't Botman interested in moving to Newcastle in January. I've never seen the guy play but hope we can make it happen just cos everyone says he's so good. 

Edited by PieFacE

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

VVD right footed too.  I see the benefits of having right and left footed defenders but I’d rather have 2 quality defenders with the same strong foot if it came down to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

One thing is for sure. They don't know what they are doing.

Amazingly Clark is still owned by s Premier League team though think that will change this summer

Actually one of Bruce last big moves was a new deal for Clark 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Not happening if we get Tarkowski is it

wouldnt Botman be a Mings replacement?, as both are left footed (afaik - Botman does play left central defence?).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wouldnt Botman be a Mings replacement?, as both are left footed (afaik - Botman does play left central defence?).

Why do you think Mings is going anywhere? Tarkowski is most likely to push Mings and Konsa better than Hause surely regardless of left/right foot consideration

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Why do you think Mings is going anywhere? Tarkowski is most likely to push Mings and Konsa better than Hause surely regardless of left/right foot consideration

i dont, i was merely saying that i can see Tarkowski for right side, but not sure if Botman is actually on our list, as that might imply a Mings replacement.

Just a thought/opinion.

• Like 1

Â