Sven Botman

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wouldnt Botman be a Mings replacement?, as both are left footed (afaik - Botman does play left central defence?).

Unless we want 5 CBs next season for cover

On 23/05/2022 at 18:07, Zatman said:

It would be the oldest partnership in the league 😉

Champions League playing for the greatest defender that has ever played the game or the Villa. On this occasion i would think we have zero.chance unless Milan are penniless 

16 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Champions League playing for the greatest defender that has ever played the game or the Villa. On this occasion i would think we have zero.chance unless Milan are penniless 

Paul McGrath does not manage currently.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I did think of him as i wrote that to be fair but i still rate Maldini just a smidge higher. Closely run though 

McGrath > Baresi > Maldini.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t see this one happening. I imagine we’ll be going for Tarkowski and if we want a second defender, Bassey. 

That doesn't really improve us much, just add numbers and Gerrard will want to improve the defence. No point buying ballers in midfield if you just top up the defence.

I think a higher level centre half (or two) is on the cards.

• Like 3

On 23/05/2022 at 19:59, nick76 said:

I knew he was get £1m per week but I didn’t realise he was getting £100m signing fee as well. Just crazy!

I wonder how they will square that with FFP? :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

That doesn't really improve us much, just add numbers and Gerrard will want to improve the defence. No point buying ballers in midfield if you just top up the defence.

I think a higher level centre half (or two) is on the cards.

It might end up not happening, but it's good we are being linked with young in-demand players like Botman

13 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Paul McGrath does not manage currently.

Neither does Paolo Maldini. Don't know whether it's just the UK media but I've never seen a technical director get so much credit for a club winning a title and the manager not even being mentioned. I saw Ibra thanking Maldini in his dressing room speech and he never even mentioned Pioli.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Neither does Paolo Maldini. Don't know whether it's just the UK media but I've never seen a technical director get so much credit for a club winning a title and the manager not even being mentioned. I saw Ibra thanking Maldini in his dressing room speech and he never even mentioned Pioli.

Because he's quite literally the messiah there. 

People who win the lottery in Milan thank Paolo for his assistance in giving them luck. 

On 25/05/2022 at 14:39, El-Reacho said:

Maldini built the squad and has been shrewd in the market while not being ripped off by big name players like Donnarumma and Calhanoglu who left for free. He was also the one who went out on a limb for Pioli while the rest of the board had hired Rangnick to take over. I think they even paid Rangnick some compensation, guy really is a genius😂

I do agree Pioli deserves a lot of credit though 

On 25/05/2022 at 00:35, MWARLEY2 said:

I did think of him as i wrote that to be fair but i still rate Maldini just a smidge higher. Closely run though 

Blasphemy.

Â