Pre Match thread

duke313

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

And I find someone calling Man City a "nothing club" strange too. Is that because they were in division 2 25 years ago? We were once too, are we a nothing club as well?

I'm glad that's what you took from it :D 

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

What's yours? You stated out of nowhere that they had won the lottery, whatever that had to do with the convo I dont know.

I find any "neutral" wanting Liverpool to win anything over Man City very strange. No-one gives a shit when City win something, Liverpool fans never shut up about it if they do.

I made an analogy of wanting ANYONE except the richest man in the world winning the lottery.

I suggest you go back and read the conversation.

You said you don’t want liverpool to win it

I said I don’t want Man City to win it, but stated that I understood your reasons, and agreed that indeed the possibility of liverpool doing the quadruple was nauseating.

You then proceeded to say that was only because I was jealous of their success.

I agreed that was EXACTLY the reason I didn’t want them to win it, and gave an ANALOGY of not wanting the richest man in the world to win the lottery.

You then said I said Man City win the lottery out of nowhere. The analogy clearly was lost on you.

You’re quite a difficult chap to have a conversation with, so I’ll leave you to your opinion, and I’ll keep mine.

Good day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I despise Man City. They are filth the way they talk about our club. A lot of people seem to have bad experiences with LFC fans, but personally, pretty much every Plop fan I know respect Villa as a proper traditional club and respect us as a huge club in our own right. City fans are belittling self entitled in my experience and slander us constantly with the “we’ll just take him / feeder club” narrative. I hate them and Grealish for joining them. Money has ruined the game, City the main culprit next to Chelsea/PSG

You think exactly how I do. Thank you for talking sense. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

No way we get anything with that midfield. 

To be fair, we don’t get anything regardless of the midfield we put out.

At least this could be sexy.

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I despise Man City. They are filth the way they talk about our club. A lot of people seem to have bad experiences with LFC fans, but personally, pretty much every Plop fan I know respect Villa as a proper traditional club and respect us as a huge club in our own right. City fans are belittling self entitled in my experience and slander us constantly with the “we’ll just take him / feeder club” narrative. I hate them and Grealish for joining them. Money has ruined the game, City the main culprit next to Chelsea/PSG

Because they are the new Man Utd in terms of fans from around the world. If it wasn't for oil money, they would be Utd fans.

1 minute ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

You think exactly how I do. Thank you for talking sense. 

Thought all our fans would think this way. We knew we had a good thing in the O’Neill days. City came along and ruined it, I begrudge them hugely for Barry, Milner, Delph. They got their money and set about weakening us and Arsenal (Adebayor, Nasri, Clicy, Sagna, etc.) in particular. Smart tactic but difficult to accept for the fans on the receiving end. It set about our nosediving downward spiral that resulted in a lot of hurt and depression in normal everyday fans lives. To go on that turmultuous journey and then finally get back on a solid foundation, to just go and disrupt it all again taking our very favourite son from us just felt like a machete chop to the neck. Still makes me feel sick watching him in another English clubs colours. 

In an ideal world, villa to win 4 nil, and Liverpool to draw or lose

God how I hate the bin dippers.

And a burley win ( hate their dirty fouling tactics) but would rather they stayed up than Leeds.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I really don’t get why anyone would want City to win? They stole our star player for no reason other than they could. Like they have stolen most of our star players over the years. In my mind, our downhill trajectory from the glory days of the 2009/2010 area was definitely helped by City picking off and helping themselves to our players constantly. Each to their own but I can’t see why anyone would want city to keep winning leagues. 

I think there was more to our downfall than that but it certainly didn't help. 

We were a much bigger club than City pre-2008/09 and they and PSG are the reason football is now more corrupt than ever and why football is in a huge bubble.

Why anyone would back them over Liverpool I've no idea, Plop are annoying but were always bigger than us and their success seems a lot more transparent than City's.

36 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Any truth to the rumours Emi asked to be rested for Argentina duty? 

He has been carrying a groin injury. Probably hasn't improved since Thursday. Makes sense to just give Olsen a chance. It's not a remotely important game for us. Why risk Emi if he's not fully fit

• Like 1

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

Well lads its almost upon us the last game of the season. Lets hope we get all the signings we want and can challenge the top 6 next season 

Go away with your damn optimism.  That has no place here 😉

• Haha 1