Pre Match thread

duke313

I'm pretty chill about this game. I would love to see us win, but it's the last 37 games that have dictated our current league position so this match feels like a nothing game. We can't finish lower than 14th (even if Southampton win today), and we can climb as high as 10th today if we win and results go in our favour, but this is about as chill as I've been on the final day in years. 

• Like 2

Just now, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I really don’t get why anyone would want City to win? They stole our star player for no reason other than they could. Like they have stolen most of our star players over the years. In my mind, our downhill trajectory from the glory days of the 2009/2010 area was definitely helped by City picking off and helping themselves to our players constantly. Each to their own but I can’t see why anyone would want city to keep winning leagues. 

And at the expense of a Villa loss.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And I find any "neutral" wanting a financially doped nothing club wanting to win anything very strange.

And I find someone calling Man City a "nothing club" strange too. Is that because they were in division 2 25 years ago? We were once too, are we a nothing club as well?

3 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I really don’t get why anyone would want City to win? They stole our star player for no reason other than they could. Like they have stolen most of our star players over the years. In my mind, our downhill trajectory from the glory days of the 2009/2010 area was definitely helped by City picking off and helping themselves to our players constantly. Each to their own but I can’t see why anyone would want city to keep winning leagues. 

Personally I could care less about the adverse effects on any other team etc.

I just want Aston Villa to win.

• Like 2