Weekends Football 13/15 May

andykeenan

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Southgate probably hasnt a clue who he is 

TBF he was injured for the last games otherwise he would've been called up. 4 games in June so ideal to give him a chance then as would imagine some more established players will pull out with injuries. 

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

TBF he was injured for the last games otherwise he would've been called up. 4 games in June so ideal to give him a chance then as would imagine some more established players will pull out with injuries. 

Rashford can't make the squad for the WC surely, DCL also 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'm guessing the variance is basically on who finishes 5th or 6th then?  Since 2000:

FA Cup (not won by "big 6"):  Portsmouth (2008), Wigan (2013)
League Cup (not won by "big 6"):  Leicester (2000), Blackburn (2002), Middlesbrough (2004), Birmingham (2011), Swansea (2013)

Which means that, out of 44 cup finals, one of the "big 6" has only failed to win on 7 occasions - and 2013 saw 2 of those. 

And we could have won it in 2013 had we decided not to lose to Bradford. 

Souness has to call Sorensen for Brentford 'number 29' because he doesn't know his name even though he has just watched the match and got paid no doubt a fortune to do so.  It's not as if it's a hard name to pronounce and he was involved in one of the key moments of the match.  

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Theo Hernandez might have scored the best goal of all time today to put Milan close to Serie A glory

Guy's been brilliant since moving to them, his career was stalling before that. As much as I rate Digne I can't believe he's going to be starting for them in the WC over Hernandez.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Guy's been brilliant since moving to them, his career was stalling before that. As much as I rate Digne I can't believe he's going to be starting for them in the WC over Hernandez.

With real Madrids mendy not getting a look in and man city's mendy in the shit

I can't remember a national team ever having the depth that this French team has 

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Theo Hernandez might have scored the best goal of all time today to put Milan close to Serie A glory

I just watched the goal, expecting to see something amazing. I was disappointed. A run through a mostly empty pitch, two defenders try to tackle him and bump into each other, then he shoots fairly centrally which the keeper fails to get near.

Importance of the goal aside, am I missing an obvious joke? I could score that.

(on fifa, if my opponent had gone to get a biscuit and left the game unpaused)

Â