Weekends Football 13/15 May

andykeenan

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

You'll be as surprised as I was then to discover that this is only the fifth time it's happened since 2000 and more importantly that it didn't happen at all until 2014-15.

City were only bought by the Abu Dhabi group in 2008.

It's amazing how quickly we get used to thinking something is just how things are - the six teams that wanted to destroy the league have finished in the top six spots and won both of the domestic cup competitions for five of the last eight years - it's killing football.

Next year, it falls on us, on Newcastle, on West Ham and maybe Leicester to try to do something about it before the b****rds change the rules and the chance is gone forever.

I'm guessing the variance is basically on who finishes 5th or 6th then?  Since 2000:

FA Cup (not won by "big 6"):  Portsmouth (2008), Wigan (2013)
League Cup (not won by "big 6"):  Leicester (2000), Blackburn (2002), Middlesbrough (2004), Birmingham (2011), Swansea (2013)

Which means that, out of 44 cup finals, one of the "big 6" has only failed to win on 7 occasions - and 2013 saw 2 of those. 

• Like 2

Flares thrown at villa park the other night - plus trouble before the game.

Then booing prince William & the national anthem yesterday and more flares...

Liverpool fans clearing seen drinking alcohol in the seats (which I thought was illegal)

All this because they want to be seen to be a bit different. Ah but there loveable scousers - it's just they were in the 80s - they think the rules don't apply to them....and it didn't end well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'm guessing the variance is basically on who finishes 5th or 6th then?  Since 2000:

FA Cup (not won by "big 6"):  Portsmouth (2008), Wigan (2013)
League Cup (not won by "big 6"):  Leicester (2000), Blackburn (2002), Middlesbrough (2004), Birmingham (2011), Swansea (2013)

Which means that, out of 44 cup finals, one of the "big 6" has only failed to win on 7 occasions - and 2013 saw 2 of those. 

FA Cup Leicester 2021.

It's not even split amongst them as Spurs have won Jack shit. 

• Like 3

Just now, PaulC said:

Those decisions always go to the big clubs. Yes his arm was out buit he was so close he had no time to get it out of the way. 

Not sure I agree, had more than enough time to move his arms out of the way but for some reason kept them wideout. Probably instinctive but still handball. 

His arm is also half out because he's trying to balance from the Spurs player pulling him in the box.

I can understand if your arm is out and you block a shot/cross but the ball is just blasted up in the air from 1 yard away. I want Spurs to win but that's just a ridiculous rule IMO

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

His arm is also half out because he's trying to balance from the Spurs player pulling him in the box.

See that kind of then is the wording of the rule, his arm isnt necessarily in an unnatural position 

But the distance away from the ball and the ability to pull his arm back in isn't in the rule, it shouldn't matter 

Â