Weekends Football 13/15 May

andykeenan

This will be forgotten in a few weeks unless you are a liverpool fan. Other than last year and Wigan in 2013 I couldn't tell you which scum 6 club won the cup in which year.  Now that they will all have to play 25 games or something from 2024 in the CL I am vaguely hopefully that this will make them too knackered to bother competing for the domestic cups. However the last 20 years wouldn't suggest that.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, it's been a complete failure of a season, the Superleague six have finished in the top six places and won both the domestic cups.

Roll on next season when hopefully football can win something instead.

I doubt Liverplop will now, but no team should ever win the quadruple, 3 cups is bad enough.

If this happens every season, like Man City winning the league, it's when the Prem Should be looking at changing things, like they do in F1, when the best cars keep winning. It can't keep being the teams with the most money, in reality it's bloody ridiculous.

If Haaland comes in firing, it'll be all over by January 2023. At best we will be watching Liverpool challenge man City, sounds great?  Only Sky will be creaming over it, trying to keep the entertainment and the viewing figures up.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I doubt Liverplop will now, but no team should ever win the quadruple, 3 cups is bad enough.

If this happens every season, like Man City winning the league, it's when the Prem Should be looking at changing things, like they do in F1, when the best cars keep winning. It can't keep being the teams with the most money, in reality it's bloody ridiculous.

If Haaland comes in firing, it'll be all over by January 2023. At best we will be watching Liverpool challenge man City, sounds great?  Only Sky will be creaming over it, trying to keep the entertainment and the viewing figures up.

If people keep on attending the games and subscribe to the TV channels then why would they change it? 

• Like 2

The list at the top of this thread somehow missed the League 2 play-off semi-final. Jordan Bowery has scored for Mansfield vs Northampton, which serves as a reminder that Randy Lerner is a total 'mericanburger' who sought to destroy our club with div 4 signings from across Europe.

Kylian Mbappé with another goal and 2 assist for PSG. 

Quietly having quite the year with 25 goals and 19 assists so far in the league to go with his 6+6 in 8 CL games and 5+1 in the domestic cup.

Weak league and yada yada but he's miles ahead of the likes of Messi and Neymar. Nice to see he's over the injuries that never had him 100% last season.

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, it's been a complete failure of a season, the Superleague six have finished in the top six places and won both the domestic cups.

This happens most seasons, surely?

21 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

The list at the top of this thread somehow missed the League 2 play-off semi-final. Jordan Bowery has scored for Mansfield vs Northampton, which serves as a reminder that Randy Lerner is a total 'mericanburger' who sought to destroy our club with div 4 signings from across Europe.

Separate thread for play-offs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Kylian Mbappé with another goal and 2 assist for PSG. 

Quietly having quite the year with 25 goals and 19 assists so far in the league to go with his 6+6 in 8 CL games and 5+1 in the domestic cup.

Weak league and yada yada but he's miles ahead of the likes of Messi and Neymar. Nice to see he's over the injuries that never had him 100% last season.

How come it's gone cold on him moving to Real Madrid, seems a waste if he commits to yet another season in France.

4 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

I dont think Randy Lerner personally signed Bowery. Apparently was a favour from Lambert to somebody 

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If people keep on attending the games and subscribe to the TV channels then why would they change it? 

Wasnt a leak that Sky figures were at a record low the season before Covid. Roy Keane was on more often because of it

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

This happens most seasons, surely?

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes basically since about the year 2000. 

You'll be as surprised as I was then to discover that this is only the fifth time it's happened since 2000 and more importantly that it didn't happen at all until 2014-15.

City were only bought by the Abu Dhabi group in 2008.

It's amazing how quickly we get used to thinking something is just how things are - the six teams that wanted to destroy the league have finished in the top six spots and won both of the domestic cup competitions for five of the last eight years - it's killing football.

Next year, it falls on us, on Newcastle, on West Ham and maybe Leicester to try to do something about it before the b****rds change the rules and the chance is gone forever.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nuh dont be silly; They’ll just need bigger squads and to poach the better players from those irrelevant sides in the Prem that wont need them, what with just playing 38 games a season and going out in the early rounds in cups. The media will tell us these players need to move on to further their careers and be seen on the biggest stage. They have to prove themselves in the CL, they wont get that at Villa or Palace. Rumours printed every day during the summer. Cant wait. Thank God we have owners and CEO with something about them.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

You'll be as surprised as I was then to discover that this is only the fifth time it's happened since 2000 and more importantly that it didn't happen at all until 2014-15.

City were only bought by the Abu Dhabi group in 2008.

It's amazing how quickly we get used to thinking something is just how things are - the six teams that wanted to destroy the league have finished in the top six spots and won both of the domestic cup competitions for five of the last eight years - it's killing football.

Next year, it falls on us, on Newcastle, on West Ham and maybe Leicester to try to do something about it before the b****rds change the rules and the chance is gone forever.

Kicking European teams out of the league Cup is the answer for me, both in terms of the future of that cup and then providing a sniff at something for everyone else

Unfortunately I think they're more likely to bin that cup off due to pep and klopp moaning it's too much for them 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wasnt a leak that Sky figures were at a record low the season before Covid. Roy Keane was on more often because of it

So what you're saying is Sky were in cahoots with Bill Gates and that lab in Wuhan in order to increase their viewing figures.

Engineering the Ideal Tinfoil Hat: Material Selection and EM Shielding -  Materials and Engineering Resources - Matmatch

• Like 1

12 hours ago, calcifer said:

This is one of the reasons I hate Liverpool. Winning on penalties is not skill, its pure luck. Yet commentators think he is the messiah. He is just an arrogrant spunk trumpet. 

I don't like Liverpool either. It's seems to me there trophy cabinet is highly stacked by winning penalty shoot out. (A further two this season).

In addition they seem to get a massive amount of decisions in there favour - 

I think we seen against ourselves and against Chelsea yesterday - they aren't actually all that.

Â