Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Just now, sidcow said:

I'll say it again. Ramsay has been every bit as poor as our other midfielders for ages as well.  Not sure why he's also untouchable. 

He's needed a rest for weeks.

This is sort of game where we need to be showing some faith in Carney. I think if Rodgers was our manager Carney would've already started 5-10 games this season. They said on comms Dewsbury-Hall had started 18 straight league games for Leicester.

Would look to make changes on hour mark but get the feeling Gerrard is more than content with 0-0 just to break the losing cycle so thin gruel today I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'll say it again. Ramsay has been every bit as poor as our other midfielders for ages as well.  Not sure why he's also untouchable. 

I don't think he suits Gerrards way of playing to be honest.

Just now, thunderball said:

McGinn replaced and any DM name we have been linked with instead of Luiz and we are transformed. Also we shouldn’t be relying on Ramsey like we do, he should still be on his introduction phase and and impact sub

Still dosen't solve what we do in final third though. Ings + Watkins dosen't really work as results show and seems Bailey can only be played as striker under Gerrard so that's a waste of time aswell. And Buendia + Coutinho was tried in Feb and we were losing to likes of Watford at home.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Completely agree. He needs a break, and we need to rotate in the part of the pitch where we have so many of our problems.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

Ok did we have our good half or not?

I wish that wasn’t a serious question 😔

I’m genuinely thinking the same thing. Things could easily get much worse. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

He can go missing and isn't great at putting his body on the line. But he carries the ball forward nicely - and has done a couple of times already today - and is relatively tidy in possession, where as say McGinn gave the ball.away in a dangerous area has already caused an opportunity for Leicester.

Ramsey goes missing, but he's tidy, pops up with regular goals and is just 20 years old. 

If he was the one failing at his role in the same way as McGinn is or Luiz has at times this season - he'd be singled out too... But whilst he isn't pulling up trees, he hasn't been actively terrible. We need to give 20yo players time to be inconsistent.

1 minute ago, picicata said:

I don't think he suits Gerrards way of playing to be honest.

If so many players don't suit his way of playing, perhaps changing all the players isn't the answer