Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

On 03/08/2022 at 08:51, Brentfordnylons said:

Brentford standing still?lost Eriksen and he was a massive plus for us but we have strengthened throughout the squad 

signed 

Strakosha international goalkeeper 

Hickey Right Back   our weak position last season

Ben Mee   Experienced PL defender to cover Pinnock and  Ager 

Damsguaard (as good as signed) to compete with Jensen as playmaker to hopefully replace Eriksen 

Lewis Potter exciting winger from championship a typical Bees signing 

Fully understand your thinking but you have to look at ourselves (Leeds) and Sheffield who had much better first seasons than you and fell off a cliff second time round. Players mentalities change, opponents approaches change and suddenly you're struggling for points anywhere. Toney has struggled for large parts of the season and Eriksen taped over some fairly big cracks in the back half of the season. 

I think you'll just about be alright due to Fulham/Bournemouth/Everton/Forest being worse than you, but it won't be as plain sailing as last year.

I'd be really concerned about Damsgard too. The lad has arthritis at twenty two.

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Riki puig is off to LA Galaxy

That's a weird one 

not really, he isnt as good as the hype. Lot of journalists have been saying the hype was never justified at the time

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not really, he isnt as good as the hype. Lot of journalists have been saying the hype was never justified at the time

Yeah I know he was a laporta player that the barca managers never wanted but at that age to go to the MLS rather than drop down in europe? 

Could be up to £62m for Cucarella 

One for the Games Gone thread. 

Just shows the gulf in money. As much as we like to think Villa will break into the top 6, we never will. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I know he was a laporta player that the barca managers never wanted but at that age to go to the MLS rather than drop down in europe? 

Sid Lowe has been critical of the hype about him in last few interviews, pretty much said except Setien not one manager actually rated him and apparently he had no other offers except a mid table team in Turkey

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just shows the gulf in money. As much as we like to think Villa will break into the top 6, we never will. 

I agree, SKY just showed a table of top eight spenders in the PL over the last year....we weren't there.

Wet Spam are spending and they are already ahead of us.

I'm optimistic we can push for a top eight finish but in reality it's a big ask.

As for top six we are ten years behind them....

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree, SKY just showed a table of top eight spenders in the PL over the last year....we weren't there.

Wet Spam are spending and they are already ahead of us.

I'm optimistic we can push for a top eight finish but in reality it's a big ask.

As for top six we are ten years behind them....

It all feels futile sometimes!

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Fulhams recruitment is generally dreadful and headed by their owner. I feel like the only reason they yo-yo back up is because Mitrovic is a cheat code in the Championship.

47243a153fe31771-600x338.jpg

18 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Fully understand your thinking but you have to look at ourselves (Leeds) and Sheffield who had much better first seasons than you and fell off a cliff second time round. Players mentalities change, opponents approaches change and suddenly you're struggling for points anywhere. Toney has struggled for large parts of the season and Eriksen taped over some fairly big cracks in the back half of the season. 

I think you'll just about be alright due to Fulham/Bournemouth/Everton/Forest being worse than you, but it won't be as plain sailing as last year.

I'd be really concerned about Damsgard too. The lad has arthritis at twenty two.

Lots have been made about Eriksens impact and on the surface it’s hard to disagree but his appearance in the first team coincided with key players returning.I’m not too bothered about Damsguaards health issue as I’m sure we will carry out stringent medical tests and get good advice as we did with Eriksen.Artritus isn’t a big deal with the medication that is now available we have a young player who has treatment for this condition.The deal for Damsguaard is far from done I would add.

10 hours ago, Xela said:

See I think they are wasting money myself.  Would I sign him to replace Cash nope.

Would I sign Chuck for the future maybe.

Would I sign T-Rex arms tap in merchant for 60 million. Never.

Spurs and Arsenal have signed better players. 

City with Haaland have signed the one player I would have loved to sign.

Manure unproven signings.

Liverpool I think Dias will star not sure on Nunez being better than Mane.

So yes the top 6 splash the cash but Chelsea are going to struggle is my opinion.

Â