The rising cost of living

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Of course people can still go out and spend money when they go out but then if you have money to do all these things then there really isnt a cost of living crisis is there.

There of course is people that are feeling the poor. Im not dismissing those groups. But i would say on my experience people have more money than what they make out and im hlad they are. No one wants to see anyone struggle and not spend their hard earned money on things like they like not just bills

I think people will still go out, but just try to keep their spending in check. 

So whereas i might have usually gone out and had 8 expensive drinks and 3 courses of food, i might now still go out but have 5 cheaper drinks and 2 courses of food.  

You'll still see me in the same places looking like i'm spending as i always did, but whereas before i didn't case so much about how much 8 drinks and 3 courses were going to cost, now i'll be a bit more conscious about the final bill when 5 drinks are going to cost me the same.  

And if everyone thinks similar then you have everyone buying 15-20% less stuff even though everywhere is just as busy.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I think people will still go out, but just try to keep their spending in check. 

So whereas i might have usually gone out and had 8 expensive drinks and 3 courses of food, i might now still go out but have 5 cheaper drinks and 2 courses of food.  

You'll still see me in the same places looking like i'm spending as i always did, but whereas before i didn't case so much about how much 8 drinks and 3 courses were going to cost, now i'll be a bit more conscious about the final bill when 5 drinks are going to cost me the same.  

And if everyone thinks similar then you have everyone buying 15-20% less stuff even though everywhere is just as busy.

Yeah some good points there. Peoples spending habits could have changed like how you have described in your personal circumstances.

I use to be the same with clothes i use to just buy a lot and not really worry about the price as much. Now im cautious with clothes. Same with holidays. 

One thing i will spend on is food. I tend to eat organic veg and red meat which is expensive but i try to be street samrt when i go food shopping and buy things that i only need not likw before buy tonnes  of shit like cleaning products that i already had loads of

41 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Fear not guys,

the way to solve food poverty is to *checks notes*

Starve migrants

Create an internal and external threat 101.

It's amazing how the distraction technique works so well really, the disgraceful thing everyone should be up in arms about is being used as the baseline.

I've never understood why we as a society put up with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Fear not guys,

the way to solve food poverty is to *checks notes*

Starve migrants

Don't be angry or question why so many British people live in food poverty. Be angry about those asylum seekers having food on their prison barge. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Don't be angry or question why so many British people live in food poverty. Be angry about those asylum seekers having food on their prison barge. 

Why can't they work while their application for asylum is sorted out? I think the tories need a new villain to attack since the EU and brexit fiasco and asylum seekers are that villain.

Has anyone seen the list of skills allowed into to the UK, its long and getting longer, brick layers, plasterers and all sorts of skills are being imported, I wonder how many asylum seekers would qualify under that visa scheme?.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Why can't they work while their application for asylum is sorted out? I think the tories need a new villain to attack since the EU and brexit fiasco and asylum seekers are that villain.

Has anyone seen the list of skills allowed into to the UK, its long and getting longer, brick layers, plasterers and all sorts of skills are being imported, I wonder how many asylum seekers would qualify under that visa scheme?.

Pubs, restaurants and hotels going out of business because of shortages of low skilled migrant workers, then on the other hand we’ve got 10’s of thousands of them banned from working. It’s a ridiculous situation. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tinker said:

That would make way too much sense.  They'd even be paying taxes and so paying for their own accommodation costs.

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

So close to making a good point about 4.2 million people in the UK not being able to afford to eat.  

Yup. And this is why the Tories are behind enabling these small boat crossings. Oh they claim they aren't. They scream bloody murder about it, while hatching ridiculous plans to appear tough on it rather than implementing sensible policy. Because they don't want to actually stop them, they want an enemy that they and the rags in their corner can demonise.

They could have enabled legal accessible asylum routes that don't require crossing the channel, but they'd rather threaten to sink the boats, or pay a fortune to fly a small handful of them across the world, because having tens of thousands of enemies to blame is more politically useful.

If our asylum backlog went to 0 overnight, how many Brits world struggle to afford to eat? My money is on 4.2 million.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Yup. And this is why the Tories are behind enabling these small boat crossings. Oh they claim they aren't. They scream bloody murder about it, while hatching ridiculous plans to appear tough on it rather than implementing sensible policy. Because they don't want to actually stop them, they want an enemy that they and the rags in their corner can demonise.

They could have enabled legal accessible asylum routes that don't require crossing the channel, but they'd rather threaten to sink the boats, or pay a fortune to fly a small handful of them across the world, because having tens of thousands of enemies to blame is more politically useful.

If our asylum backlog went to 0 overnight, how many Brits world struggle to afford to eat? My money is on 4.2 million.

Or if they enabled legal crossings for asylum seekers then the criminal gangs would be out of business immediately. 

Â