Pre Match Thread

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Harsh on Chambers being dropped, he hasn't done anything wrong when picked.

Was harsh on Konsa being dropped when it was covid protocol. We'd just had a nice 2-0 win and clean sheet

Good team selection imo. Think this will be a good game. Our form is pretty good and theirs is excellent, but I think we can match them. Hard to predict a result here but I think we can edge it. They will be looking for revenge on our double against them last season so might be fired up for this one. Lets keep being their bogey team. UTV!

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Harsh on Chambers being dropped, he hasn't done anything wrong when picked.

True but it’s a squad game. The coaches make the decisions on who they think is best from what they see at BMH and how the opposition might line up. Hopefully they’ve got it right, or at least right enough to get a good result. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

True but it’s a squad game. The coaches make the decisions on who they think is best from what they see at BMH and how the opposition might line up. Hopefully they’ve got it right, or at least right enough to get a good result. 

I have faith in Konsa so not worried. I'm sure Callum doesn't feel cheated, he seems a model pro.

• Like 2

Chambers got an extra couple of games he probably didn't expect as we were unbeaten and he'd had goal contributions. 

Now we've lost so it's back to "normal" at the back. 

Edited by sidcow

Chambers has played more minutes in the last few week than he has combined in the seasons since he left Fulham (not really :) ) . Maybe he needed to be rotated a bit and given a rest.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

No Martinelli for them.

Smith Rowe was very good against us in the away game though.

Good news he was their best player against Liverpool and I was concerned about how Cash would cope with him.