Battle for top half finish

turvontour

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Some real optimism on this thread which is lovely. But our first games back are Liverpool and Spurs, a couple of defeats could bring us back down to earth. A 9th/10th finish would be great.

Liverpool are dogshit this season and that's being generous. Spurs misfiring and media on Conte's back already. Quite happy for us to fly under the radar

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Liverpool are dogshit this season and that's being generous. Spurs misfiring and media on Conte's back already. Quite happy for us to fly under the radar

I wouldn’t call them dogshit. They’re still a better team than us and they’re above us. I do agree that both them and Spurs are beatable and I think we’ll pick up a win against one of the two. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn’t call them dogshit. They’re still a better team than us and they’re above us. I do agree that both them and Spurs are beatable and I think we’ll pick up a win against one of the two. 

As a regular fantasy PL player Salah has been dogshit and they rely on him for goals so my point stands

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Liverpool seems to be turning up in the big games, and rest of the time they are really underperforming. Both Liverpool and Spurs have a number of players in the World Cup, how that will affect them is still an unknown, but most likely the impact would be negative.

We aren’t the favourite in either games, but it isn’t impossible that we beat one or both of them. The unknown is still how good are we under Emery? 

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wolves is the big one. Win that and get at least a point from Liverpool and that will be a fantastic opening 5 games under Emery in the league.

Infact beat Wolves and I'd say majority can banish any lingering worries of bottom 3 as we could be about 10 points clear of them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

As a regular fantasy PL player Salah has been dogshit and they rely on him for goals so my point stands

I think you’ll find it’s more their paying a price for their success last season and aren’t meeting the same standards this season. They’ll be better in the new year.

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Really annoyed by this phony world cup. We should be watching Villa this weekend. 

We might’ve lost the good feelings though as two tough games coming up. So I guess the stop can give us more time before playing Liverpool and Spurs. If we can beat one of them, our season id probably back and we can make up for SG faults.

• Like 1

I think with Kamara back in the team we’ll have so much more presence in the middle of the park, which will massively help both our defence and attack. Also having the likes of Dendonker for the tougher opponents and Luiz freed a little of his defensive duties and I see us, on paper anyway, being able to give anyone a game. 

Obviously I’ve got my ultra rare optimistic Villa goggles on there but sod it, it feels good to wear them 🤪

• Like 1

8 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We might’ve lost the good feelings though as two tough games coming up. So I guess the stop can give us more time before playing Liverpool and Spurs. If we can beat one of them, our season id probably back and we can make up for SG faults.

Naw a loss wouldn't stop the good feels for me. Things are looking up for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, burchy said:

I think with Kamara back in the team we’ll have so much more presence in the middle of the park, which will massively help both our defence and attack. Also having the likes of Dendonker for the tougher opponents and Luiz freed a little of his defensive duties and I see us, on paper anyway, being able to give anyone a game. 

Obviously I’ve got my ultra rare optimistic Villa goggles on there but sod it, it feels good to wear them 🤪

Never take them off not even in the bath or shower

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

Really annoyed by this phony world cup. We should be watching Villa this weekend. 

I get that, although I think it's come at a great time for us. Gives Emery a chance to work with squad and get more of his ideas across like a mini-preseason, which we need after the Gerrard debacle.

16 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Naw a loss wouldn't stop the good feels for me. Things are looking up for us.

I agree but having this break before playing Liverpool and Spurs can give a good chance. We still have time to save our season but we need to catchup.

Emery need a better time with squad. Because of our bad start. We shall take these games seriously. If we failed to beat Utd an Brighton we’d be bottom 3. 

I’m not saying we’ll go to Europe, but we shall give ourselves something to play for second half of the season. We still have long way to play for. 

On 18/11/2022 at 10:39, Delphinho123 said:

Palace, Fulham, Brighton, Everton, Forest and Leeds have all taken points off them this season

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Palace, Fulham, Brighton, Everton, Forest and Leeds have all taken points off them this season

Yes, and by that logic we should too, but you know as well as I do that VP is the place to visit to get yourself back on track! 😢

• 2 months later...

One European Cup in fourty years, one league title in over 100 years, one FA Cup in sixty-four years. The last time we finished top half is getting further and further away until there won't be anyone left to remember those times.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

One European Cup in fourty years, one league title in over 100 years, one FA Cup in sixty-four years. The last time we finished top half is getting further and further away until there won't be anyone left to remember those times.

I'm in my mid thirties and have got a very vague recollection of us winning a league cup. Winning trophies is completely unknown to anyone born from about 1988 onwards

Â