Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, CanVillan said:

The level of refereeing has not been catching up to the modern game.

They need to look at this and improve. Here we have another one, in over his head.  

He's been bad, but it's his 3rd or 4th PL match. Give him a little bit of a break. They gave him a match between two mid-table teams who are neither going to Europe or getting relegated for a reason. No real consequences while he gets up to speed.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

He's booked six players in that half and looking back on it, I genuinely don't think any of the bookings were necessary.

For those keeping up on it through the BBC feed, they'll think it's been an absolute war.

They are too busy creaming their pants over Newcastle.

Prime example of the ref's naivity is the booking of Luiz and the Brighton bloke - just tell them to calm it down.

The Mings booking is utterly craven.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomC said:

He's been bad, but it's his 3rd or 4th PL match. Give him a little bit of a break. They gave him a match between two mid-table teams who are neither going to Europe or getting relegated for a reason. No real consequences while he gets up to speed.

As long as we aren't the 'consequences' of his journey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomC said:

I wish he would give us a break. Those wrongly given cards could cost us. And we could still get relegated. Unlikely I know but we could.

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

2 cards from 5 fouls to be fair as Mings' and Cash's were for non-foul reasons. Douglas Luiz may have been for off the ball stuff too thinking about it.

Luiz grabbed the Brighton player who went into the back of him recklessly

Just now, Mister_a said:

I’m not so sure, he’s cut off several attacks

Fair enough, I'm not saying that he's been bad, but he hasn't looked like a magic solution to our problems today...

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we decide how good or bad players are, based on ONE game and one half performances, then yes, you're correct.

True, it's one game...

• Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

Been out, radio said one way traffic. Can somebody summarise the first half please? 🙏

Brighton are diving word removed’s

ref is a newb, so he’s handing out yellows like Oprah

We’ve scored a great goal

could go either way, especially with card happy Larry in the black.