The Oscars 2022

Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's not staged. Rock is visibly a bit shaken afterwards and 'a bit' wouldn't have had Smith swear on a live broadcast. Besides which Smith would have had to agree to overshadowing the biggest moment in his career by being a moron.

I agree with all of that, it’s just the way the slap is delivered and that Rock barely flinches makes it look like a movie hit. I’m sure it wasn’t, it just doesn’t look normal though.

The ‘Smith was laughing first’ talk is a little dumb, he’s at an event where the social contract is to laugh along and take jokes on the chin - it clearly took a little time for the joke to register.

Doesn’t justify what he did obviously, but it’s odd to highlight it evidence of something.

• Like 3

I don't think it's the biggest hit in the world, agreed. I'm not sure Smith was committed to it, he's hit him with the fingers in a glancing blow. I think he's making his mind up right to the moment he swings and as a result it's a feeble hit.

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's not staged. Rock is visibly a bit shaken afterwards and 'a bit' wouldn't have had Smith swear on a live broadcast. Besides which Smith would have had to agree to overshadowing the biggest moment in his career by being a moron.

To think otherwise is a massive reach. He just wouldn't agree to it.

Still won't convince me it's not staged. If it wasn't staged and I was Chris Rock I would have walked off stage. They're just trying to get more people to watch it as ratings have been dropping year on year. If he had full on punched him in the face rather than a slap I may be more convinced it was real. Oh well still the most interesting thing to happen at the Oscar's for years 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Still won't convince me it's not staged. If it wasn't staged and I was Chris Rock I would have walked off stage. They're just trying to get more people to watch it as ratings have been dropping year on year. If he had full on punched him in the face rather than a slap I may be more convinced it was real. Oh well still the most interesting thing to happen at the Oscar's for years 

What do you think Smith gets out of looking like an emotionally unstable lunatic in front of a global audience?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

This is why you're not a professional comedian paid to host the Oscars.

Why would Will Smith do that to his career just for the sake of the Oscars?

6 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Dude if this was staged why would Smith be say **** on a live broadcast in America of all places.

Full absolutely lost it. Crying his eyes with rage 

Rock aswell was visibly shook and I felt terribly for him. His eyes were watering too and his body was full adrenaline you can tell.  Full props to him for keeping his composure.

Just now, Davkaus said:

What do you think Smith gets out of looking like an emotionally unstable lunatic in front of a global audience?

An Oscar lol

I don't know maybe its not staged but if it was me and I was genuinely angry enough to get up on stage I would full on punched him not given him a little slap. 

As much as The Smiths are the weirdest family outside of The Windsors and The Trumps, as much as I dislike Jada and Jaden, I’m with Will on this. Someone takes the piss out of wife’s illness for a cheap laugh and I’m punching them in the face. People try to get away with saying too much stuff these days and not enough people get punched in the face anymore as a consequence and get away with stuff. As **** up as they are as a couple I’m still with the Fresh Prince on this. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

If it wasn't staged and I was Chris Rock I would have walked off stage.

2 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

I don't know maybe its not staged but if it was me and I was genuinely angry enough to get up on stage I would full on punched him not given him a little slap. 

You basically seem to not be able to believe that some people behave differently to you :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

An Oscar lol

I don't know maybe its not staged but if it was me and I was genuinely angry enough to get up on stage I would full on punched him not given him a little slap

'If it was me' isn't evidence that it's not real!

EDIT: Davkaus got there before me.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1