Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Great first half for the neutrals.

our defence has been shit

Coutinho, Ramsey and Buendia have been superb

Forgot Watkins was even playing, he hasn’t done anything 

How Dan James scored a header next to Mings I’ll never know.

• Like 3

That half told me that Ramsey is smart enough to be on the same wavelength as Coutinho, but Watkins isn't and may never be.

I'm struggling to see what Watkins offers while he's playing like this. He's making terrible runs that no one wants to pick out, he's lazy off the ball and his only saving grace is he makes space, which is great but I'd prefer him to play smarter. 

If someone watched us for the first time and I asked them who our striker was they'd say it was Ramsey. Watkins has been invisible for months now. 

• Like 2

Konsa's been shittest of the shit. Followed closely by Mings. And Watkins is completely useless. Get Ings on, he'll score loads from Coutinho's passes.

I'm not sure Hause is the answer against that little CF of theirs, but Konsa is way too casual. He needs to be benched.

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Let's see what Gerrards made of here.

We've got the lead, we've got the quality. 

All too often Leeds were in control and looking the better side.

What changes does he make and instructions passed on to rectify that?

The answer is play it quickly into Coutinho and Buendia at every opportunity and let them cause havoc. 

This match is doing my head in. Hopefully we have enough quality in attack to win it but I’m buckling the seat belt expecting it to be 5-4 or even 6-5.

The Coutinho/Ramsey partnership is a joy to behold and bodes well for the future. Not sure the rest of yhe midfield is keeping up at present. 

When did our defence get to be so chaotic? Gerrard need to sort this asap.

Also needs to tell Buendia to stop falling over and expecting a free kick. He ain’t getting them.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Great first half for the neutrals.

our defence has been shit

Coutinho, Ramsey and Buendia have been superb

Forgot Watkins was even playing, he hasn’t done anything 

How Dan James scored a header next to Mings I’ll never know.

Yes 100% agree with you even about Watkins

• Thanks 1

Just now, briny_ear said:

This match is doing my head in. Hopefully we have enough quality in attack to win it but I’m buckling the seat belt expecting it to be 5-4 or even 6-5.

The Coutinho/Ramsey partnership is a joy to behold and bodes well for the future. Not sure the rest of yhe midfield is keeping up at present. 

When did our defence get to be so chaotic? Gerrard need to sort this asap.

Also needs to tell Buendia to stop falling over and expecting a free kick. He ain’t getting them.

Its got the feel of that crazy Forest match which ended 5-5

• Like 1