Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

31 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He could also just be completely copying this post:

Who knows.

Aha, I was looking for this, this came up earlier today. way before the dude posted his tweet. 

he either copied this tweet, or they are both ITK, or both winging it for a lol.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Did Lyon actually sign Ndombele in the end? That could be curveball link if Gerrard thinks he could get more out of him than Spurs did given his reputation was huge when Spurs signed him.

Not sure, but that’s not a bad shout. No way he stays at Spurs with Bissouma, Hojberg and Bentancur ahead of him. Even a loan with an option to buy if Spurs are looking rid.

My 3 guesses out of boredom more than belief are … Exequiel Palacios Argentinian international at Leverkusen. Gerson Brazilian international at Marseille. Marcus Thuram at Monchengladbach

• Like 1

On 19/06/2022 at 10:22, VillaFaninLondon said:

So quiet at the moment, no wonder people are restless because we still need 2 maybe 3 first team players and there are no links except to Bale which I am expecting and hoping to be complete bull. I see Manure fans planned to stage a protest at the CEO's house yesterday due to lack of transfer activity, they're similar to Everton fans.

I think we still need four new signings, with 2 or 3 to go into the first team:

CB (sell Hause and maybe even Mings although I know many won't like that)

LB

CM

FW

My picks would be any of the following:

CB (left footed) - Ake, Botman, Lisandro Martinez (the last 2 linked heavily with Newcastle and Arsenal)

LB - Merlin, Gomez or Hickey

CM - Gallagher, Auoar, Koopmeiners, Sangare, Majer 

ST - David, Guedes

If the club think we can go into next season with what we currently have, we'll do well to finish top 10 IMO. Those are the type of signings that can push us on to top 7 which is where we need to be next season. 

Bit worried about your choice for a striker. I think David Geddis may be past his best now

• Haha 1

Does anyone else think that maybe going by Gerrards comments about Digne being more proactive offensively this season that  he may be thinking

of playing him in front of a new Left back. Makes a bit of sense as some of the players being touted are much better than just back ups

5 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Does anyone else think that maybe going by Gerrards comments about Digne being more proactive offensively this season that  he may be thinking

of playing him in front of a new Left back. Makes a bit of sense as some of the players being touted are much better than just back ups

I did wonder but my tactical knowledge does not stretch to whether or how that would work with our midfield.

List of potentials for each nationality, ranging from realistic to ridiculous:

Brazil 

- Richarlison (Everton)

- Gabriel Jesus (City)

- Lucas Paqueta (Lyon)

Argentina

- Angel Correa (Atleti)

- Joaquin Correa (Inter)

- Rodrigo De Paul (Atleti)

- Exequiel Palacios (Leverkusen)

- Guido Rodriguez (Betis)

France

- Adrien Rabiot (Juve)

- Moussa Dembele (Lyon)

- Houssem Aouar (Lyon)

- Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen)

• Like 3

I don't know how much money we can or are willing to spend to finish this Summer's transfers.

For me if we can only afford one absolutely key player it would be JWP.

If we can afford JWP and one more it would be Calvin Bassey because of his physical capability and willingness to cover many positions.

I wouldn't buy another striker because I believe the service and support that both Watkins and Ings will get from the new arrivals will make them both dangerous strikers again. Cameron Archer as a 15/20 minute sub would torment tired defenders.

• Like 2

Fun game for the evening, even if true or not.

Added difficulty, they're for the three positions that have been detailed as positions still being targeted this window (LB, CM and FWD). Here's my guesses:

• Brazil: Gabigol (Striker - Flamengo)
  • Argentina: Tagliafico (Left Back - Ajax) 
  • France: Aouar (Central Midfielder - Lyon)

Couple of other young prospects that I would like:

• Danilo (Central Midfielder - Palmeiras)
  • Nicolás Domínguez (Central Midfielder - Bologna)

There's also Tolisso still available on a free...

Edit: Should add, I don't think we should go for Gabigol, but it fit this puzzle anyway!

Edited by Wes