Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Chukwuemeka has played all his academy football as a No.8, that's where he's at his best, not just for us but for England as well, he played as a No.8 the other day for the U19s, Aaron Ramsey was the further forward, he's more of a No.10.

One of the things that makes Chukwuemeka so good is his ability to carry the ball from deep, he might play as a ten whilst he's developing to get game time, but think his long term position is definitely as a eight, it's where he's always played, and it's playing in that position that's given him the reputation he currently has as one of the best youth players in the country.

Even if we sign another eight I think only Ramsey, McGinn, and new signing would be ahead of Chukwuemeka, so that's only three players for two postions, plenty of scope for him to get game time, and he can also get minutes further forward.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

There isn't a chance in hell Chelsea would let Gallagher leave for £30m. I'd expect it to be closer to £45-50m tbh. He's a very good, young English midfielder that has a good chance of going to the World Cup. You don't get players like that for £30m. 
As always, it's just Preece being a complete and utter muppet. 

Don't disagree with you, but we have no idea what Chelsea will and won't do anymore. New ownership. New people doing the deals. Marina is out.

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Ward-Prowse is the ideal CM for us in my opinion... It's a shame we didn't get him last summer. I would hope he's still on our shortlist of midfielders...

He would turn our first eleven into a totally competitive team. If we spend whatever it takes to get him, it will still be value for money in the long term.

He's underrated by most people, except Southampton.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Ward-Prowse is the ideal CM for us in my opinion... It's a shame we didn't get him last summer. I would hope he's still on our shortlist of midfielders...

He's excellent but will be too expensive I feel. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I see some of the same people on Villa Facebook Groups who slaughter Trez as " League 1 at best " also moaning that we aren't getting 10 - 12 mill plus for him.

With one year left on his contract.

lol

Was the same on here people expecting 60-80 million for players we dont want. 30 for AEG, Trez and Traore was even suggested 😂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, John said:

he isn't getting games with England, so might want out of there now

yeah because coming to Villa will help his chances with England given how much Southgate loves us 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

He would turn our first eleven into a totally competitive team. If we spend whatever it takes to get him, it will still be value for money in the long term.

He's underrated by most people, except Southampton.

Would he though? He hasn't really transformed Southampton and he plays next to VT hero Romeu in midfield 

His set pieces are great but I think the rest of his game isnt up to the price Southampton would want

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We've only got to buy him once. He and Boubacar could sort our CM successfully for the next four seasons. The two of them will amortise very reasonably for a club looking to secure European football.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

yeah because coming to Villa will help his chances with England given how much Southgate loves us 😂

It won’t be too long before we’re in the post Southgate era. It’s amazing there is such a thing, let alone that it’s 6 years long. 

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeah I definitely think he will be, he shares the same agent/agency as Grealish I think? I’m sure there were talks of having a release clause 🤔.

5 minutes ago, Creeper said:

image.png.51dab290dd288e6fbc23276f49b2b63a.png

Guesses (I know **** all):

Brazil: Richarlison
Argentina: leandro parades
France: Rabiot

Could Argentina international be Dybala? Free agent, it was looking like he’d sign for Inter but they are on the verge of signing Lukaku, I can’t imagine they’d have money for both?

• Like 1