Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Signing Gallagher surely signals the end for Carney? Unless he moves to a no. 10 role?

I don't think so. If we let go of Traore, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Sanson and Luiz, surely he is higher up the pecking order?

• Like 2

I think Chelsea would want around what Arsenal wanted for ESR this time last season and they like Arsenal don't need the money. If he goes, I would think Palace that might be his destination. Anyone think that we might have a look at JWP again, he probably has a fee written into his new contract and he isn't getting games with England, so might want out of there now. Hopefully tomorrow will bring the solid link, that we are all waiting for?

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Signing Gallagher surely signals the end for Carney? Unless he moves to a no. 10 role?

I think Carney’s best position has always been no. 10 anyway.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

quote sounds like Roma are trying to lower the fee. We will get more money selling him to an English team

and the big transfer fees people were saying we would get before the window started are not looking likely

I see some of the same people on Villa Facebook Groups who slaughter Trez as " League 1 at best " also moaning that we aren't getting 10 - 12 mill plus for him.

With one year left on his contract.

lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John said:

I think Chelsea would want around what Arsenal wanted for ESR this time last season and they like Arsenal don't need the money. If he goes, I would think Palace that might be his destination. Anyone think that we might have a look at JWP again, he probably has a fee written into his new contract and he isn't getting games with England, so might want out of there now. Hopefully tomorrow will bring the solid link, that we are all waiting for?

Gallagher or JWP would both vastly improve our midfield. I can see JWP being at least £50m though and like I say, Gallagher the same. 

Unfortunately, that’s the price you’re going to have to pay for someone who you know is going to perform at a good level in a very competitive league. You can try and find similar quality abroad for £20-30m but you run the risk of them flopping, or struggling at least like Bailey has done and countless other players have done at other clubs. Just look at Haller at West Ham.

• Like 1