Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

58 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Remember that time we managed to turn ourselves from finishing 16th to finishing 6th just by signing Gavin McCann and Thomas Sorensen.

What a player McCann was 👏

Ridiculous energy in the middle of the park. 

How we could do with a guy like him now 

Just now, Villarocker said:

My thoughts about today are that we will wait until we have been stuffed 3-0 by Arsenal tonight before announcing two or three signings of which one will be a loaned centre back. 

Nah.

I expect Villa to troll us with a signing and it will be for the youth team or the womens team, and the kid looking after AVFCofficial account pissing themselves laughing knowing we are waiting for a mens team signing.

giphy.gif

At this point I'd be happy with the club not allowing Gerrard to sell off any players that will be useful for the next manager.

New signings (that are not Ross Barkley) would only be a unexpected bonus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Would take no transfers for the next two windows if we got Pochettino. 

Isn't it mad. How a manager would just instantly make you feel better and less worried with transfers.

With Gerrard, I feel we're all scrambling around and desperate for transfers mainly because we know he's a shit manager and we need better players to somehow fit his daft system and to make it work.

If we had someone like Poch, or even Potter, I think we'd be a lot happier with what we have, safe in the knowledge they'd get much more from them. Hey, who knows, they might even tell players they can venture into the middle of the pitch if they want.

Our manager sucks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daft said:

Players hold most of the power today. If they don't like the place they'll just call their agent and request a move essentially. We are looking at a snapshot in time where things feel like shit and saying this is all we are. 

It's not quite that bad yet, and I don't think players make decisions based on the sam static snapshot us fans use.

spacer.png

• Haha 4