Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Remember that time we managed to turn ourselves from finishing 16th to finishing 6th just by signing Gavin McCann and Thomas Sorensen.

At one point that season we almost looked nailed on for Champions League qualification if my memory serves correctly...

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

At one point that season we almost looked nailed on for Champions League qualification if my memory serves correctly...

We were well in the mix all the way, I remember a potentially huge game against Newcastle which ended up being a 0-0 damp squib.

We also managed to be the only team to finish 6th in christ knows how long to not even get a UEFA Cup place.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

We were well in the mix all the way, I remember a potentially huge game against Newcastle which ended up being a 0-0 damp squib.

We also managed to be the only team to finish 6th in christ knows how long to not even get a UEFA Cup place.

So Aston villa that is....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

God, time flies, doesn't it? Those were the days...

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Remember that time we managed to turn ourselves from finishing 16th to finishing 6th just by signing Gavin McCann and Thomas Sorensen.

Nobby Solano was the key signing.

In true Villa fashion we then went 10 to 16th the following 2 seasons before Lerner's takeover.

24 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Nobby Solano was the key signing.

In true Villa fashion we then went 10 to 16th the following 2 seasons before Lerner's takeover.

Nobby turned us into a fantastic footballing team at times.  I always remember going fulham away on a mideeek night when they were playing at Loftus Road. The night delaney got done by Bocanegra.  He was so good that night. Totally changed our play. 

• Like 1

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Nobby turned us into a fantastic footballing team at times.  I always remember going fulham away on a mideeek night when they were playing at Loftus Road. The night delaney got done by Bocanegra.  He was so good that night. Totally changed our play. 

He was a maverick, that goal against Spurs from a corner where he controlled, tee'd it up and then smashed it with a bicycle kick was the stuff of legends..... Bit of trivia for you guys, which International midfielder made his first senior league start for Villa in that game?