Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

I always love these tweets. I imagine a fax just reading 

Can we have Tielemans for £19m

Love

An Admirer x  

A bit like getting a Valentine's card from your mum, and just as useless and embarrassing in every way 

Edited by est1874

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If we dont get anyone by tomorrow, there's always ross barkley on a free!

I'd take him on a free to be honest, have to be cheap wages too!

He is alright for a few cameos, an I'm not sure he's any worst than McGinn at this present time.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t see any way Tielemans would leave Leicester for us. They’re in a bit of a mess but they’re still a better side than us. It would be a backwards step for him.

Unless he is super keen to play for Gerrard…

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t see any way Tielemans would leave Leicester for us. They’re in a bit of a mess but they’re still a better side than us. It would be a backwards step for him.

and not with only a year left on his contract.

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Id actually take barkley on a free. He struggled a little towards the end but he was very good for us at the start before he git injured 

No. That would be rediculous. We have enough players who don’t have the right mindset we don’t need another one. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we sell luiz and dont get a replacement we are going down there is no question. 

But i would not believe we would be stupid enough to sell luiz eithout gettjng a replacement in

I think we're in danger of going down even if we keep Luiz.

We have a squad of individuals that needs freshening up in key areas, and we are usually shite at bringing in players at the end of the window.

As much as Gerrard needs removing, I think Lange needs to be heavily scruitinised for the shambles that has been this summer.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I think we're in danger of going down even if we keep Luiz.

We have a squad of individuals that needs freshening up in key areas, and we are usually shite at bringing in players at the end of the window.

As much as Gerrard needs removing, I think Lange needs to be heavily scruitinised for the shambles that has been this summer.

Said it in another thread - think Lange might just be a yes man for Purslow.  

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id actually take barkley on a free. He struggled a little towards the end but he was very good for us at the start before he git injured 

Absolutely no way.  He basically threw away his PL career the way he acted in the second half of the season with us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

I'm surprised (but maybe shouldn't be) that a centre back isn't in yet considering Hause has already gone. Just hope it is all done and dusted, be fairly disastrous if any CB lined up falls through at this late stage

Not sure what options there are with the academy kids, but we only have three fit senior centre-backs so someone must come in. 

We just keep falling…..the big names banded about pre summer and we signed Kamara and Carlos, and expectations were high.  

Now Gerrard has squeezed all the optimism out of us and people in the last week are happy with links (whether dubious or not) of Rob Holding, Jan Bednarek and Ross Barkley.

giphy.gif

Edited by nick76