Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So nobody coming in and 2 midfielders possibly out the door.

Kamara Ramsay and McGinn it is.

But don't worry we'll have Marvelous to come on to win us games (if he isn't forced out aswell)

But there is still Ash Young.  A proper lad. A man's man.

The more I think about it, I just can’t see us sanctioning the Luiz deal without any more incomings lined up. Are they actually going to risk relegation and the financial catastrophe that would be just to get 20 mil for Dougie? Because I think we’ll be talking v fine margins re points this season and we can’t afford to go through a season with our current midfield minus Luiz.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So nobody coming in and 2 midfielders possibly out the door.

Kamara Ramsay and McGinn it is.

But don't worry we'll have Marvelous to come on to win us games (if he isn't forced out aswell)

But there is still Ash Young.  A proper lad. A man's man.

As long as everyone stays fit that is, injuries always happen sooner or later and that could really screw this midfield.

Kamara injured -- Nakamba or Tim fills in as nr 6. Midfield three of McGinn, Ramsey and a rusty and miserable Nakamba, or miserable and inexperienced Tim.

Ramsey or McGinn injured -- Nakamba or Tim fills in as nr 8. To have Nakamba (bless him) playing as our nr 8 would be a new low.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

As long as everyone stays fit that is, injuries always happen sooner or later and that could really screw this midfield.

Kamara injured -- Nakamba or Tim fills in as nr 6. Midfield three of McGinn, Ramsey and a rusty and miserable Nakamba, or miserable and inexperienced Tim.

Ramsey or McGinn injured -- Nakamba or Tim fills in as nr 8. To have Nakamba (bless him) playing as our nr 8 would be a new low.

It’s actually frightening.

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For me Gerrard absolutely takes some of the blame for what's turning out to be a disappointing window.

All we needed to do was get them all in before the first game,  settled squad to start.  Maybe pay a premium price but I doubt we would be on 3 points either.
They gamble for bargains towards the end of the window,  this is fine but if you sit on 3 points after 4 games and unrest allready on the terraces then,  as you say,  players look elsewhere for a more stable long term option.
They are signing 4 or 5 year deals,  The Villa doesn't look a great option at the moment compared d to other teams around us.

At the time when people were concerned with the window, we still had a lot of time left and made a few signings. So naturally for me I wouldn’t have thought negatively towards this window, obviously hindsight I probably look stupid cause I didn’t share those concerns. But like most things, opinions change when new information/new situations arise. 

I still think we can bring a couple of players in but leaving it this late is so risky.

16 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s actually frightening.

Yes, and our midfield has been badly limited going back into Smith’s time yet very little has been done. Our owners are injecting money into the club but progress is far, far slower than I had hoped.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

The lack of signings must be down to the size of our wage bill. We have added Coutinho, Ings, Digne, Carlos and Kamara who will all be on big wages. That could easily be £700k per week on wages. We have off loaded fringe players who are probably on less than £100k combined. We need to shift a couple of big earners to make space for new players.

And 4 of those 5 will have no re sale value at all.

How much would Luiz be on? He is still on his original contract when he joined 3 years ago when he was a unproven youngster and we had juts got promoted.

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What top players are going to want to join a club in terrible form for a manager who may be sacked any week now?

For me Gerrard absolutely takes some of the blame for what's turning out to be a disappointing window.

Don't blame Gerrard. Its not his fault he is shit. 

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

All we needed to do was get them all in before the first game,  settled squad to start.  Maybe pay a premium price but I doubt we would be on 3 points either.
They gamble for bargains towards the end of the window,  this is fine but if you sit on 3 points after 4 games and unrest allready on the terraces then,  as you say,  players look elsewhere for a more stable long term option.
They are signing 4 or 5 year deals,  The Villa doesn't look a great option at the moment compared d to other teams around us.

This is nonsense. The players we were likely after wanted to wait until the end of the window to see if one of the clubs bigger than us bis for them. That's how the market works. You need to wait and see near deadline if you can get the player in or one of the players you're after.

Kamara was a free and Carlos and Coutinho the selling clubs needed completed before 30th June for the La Liga FFP 

11 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Maybe the club sweetening the deal for Rodgers..

I always love these tweets. I imagine a fax just reading 

Can we have Tielemans for £19m

Love

An Admirer x  

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This is nonsense. The players we were likely after wanted to wait until the end of the window to see if one of the clubs bigger than us bis for them. That's how the market works. You need to wait and see near deadline if you can get the player in or one of the players you're after.

Kamara was a free and Carlos and Coutinho the selling clubs needed completed before 30th June for the La Liga FFP 

Thank you - a lot of this sort of stuff gets lost - transfers aren’t like FIFA. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Thank you - a lot of this sort of stuff gets lost - transfers aren’t like FIFA. 

It's not. But then clubs we want to overtake or clubs who we thought we'd be challenging for that too half with, seem to be able to make their squads much stronger. 

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

But I thought Gerrard could attract players we couldn't possibly get without him. 

Really weird pre season, we started full of hope and promise, great owners, super rich and gonna go for top six, we signed a few players early, and here we are having sold or isolated all the wingers and backups, looking to potentially lose our highest potential midfielder having already recouped 20 mill for a youth prospect with an absolutely strange net spend. 

Out spent by mostly everyone. This is not what we were promised by the board, our net spend is odd.

I can only assume they definitely do not trust Gerrard with the money and are waiting to give big spend to a new potential manager or to Gerrard if by some miracle we aren't in a relegation mess by January.

Make it make sense.

We had a good squad , now a few injuries and all of a sudden we do not look much better than last season.

where's the progression. Gerrard has to go and Emery or Poch given an absolute war chest of 100-150 plus mill,

I'm sure we are within the rules when Forest are smashing 150 mill spends etc. 

• Like 1