Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Because we're owned by NSWE and not Jorge Mendes. Some clubs are owned by nation states, Wolves are owned by an agent. 😁

As it was happening I forgot the Mendes link to be fair. He's an outstanding player who we'll regret not trying for if it was ever an option. Just like Guimaraes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

So do u think our team is not good enough for top 8?

There is nothing called Top 8 in this league. The 7th gets changed each season. Closest one was Leicester but again it was two seasons on row, then now West Ham. 
Add to that the fact that 6th (Man Utd) last season was only 58 points, while West Ham 7th on 56 points. 
If we can be consistent I don’t think Top 8 is hard to get (I’m not sure about our manager though). 
The main threats are:

West Ham, Leicester, Wolves, Newcastle. Possibly Brighton and Palace. 
Who would you take as a starter from each team compared to ours? 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we were skint and non ambitious as you've been indicating for a while, we wouldn't have him either.

You do realise it will have actually been harder to get the player, whilst he was free to go wherever he wanted right?

Do you think Carlos or Kamara would have joined if your conspiracy theories were solid?

If you're genuinely ITK into our status you should just let us know. Otherwise it's just. .. well.

We are now essentially trying to discredit an outstanding piece of business, due to it being " free " and intelligent 🤔

Im not saying that at all. The chap asked me if I would have preferred it if we had spent £60m on Kamara instead of picking him up for ‘free’. I said no. I also said that if the only way we could land him was by spending that amount of money, then I don’t think we would have landed him at all. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Trevoh Chalobah on loan would be perfect cover for us. Make it happen 

they havent got the depth in the position to let him go have they?

didnt see a lot of chelsea last year but feels like every time i did he was playing and playing well for them

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

they havent got the depth in the position to let him go have they?

didnt see a lot of chelsea last year but feels like every time i did he was playing and playing well for them

Ornstein saying he's available for a loan 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ornstein saying he's available for a loan 

do chelsea know what they're doing this summer?!

play 3 at the back and have thiago silva, koulibaly, dave, chalobah and then they put James as the RCB, they'll play 60 games this year, they need to sign another CB on top of what they already have not let him go out

edit - and if it is the case then yes we definitely should, not sure how he'll look moving from a back 3 to a back 2 but he'd be a good loan on paper

Edited by villa4europe

25 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Im not saying that at all. The chap asked me if I would have preferred it if we had spent £60m on Kamara instead of picking him up for ‘free’. I said no. I also said that if the only way we could land him was by spending that amount of money, then I don’t think we would have landed him at all. 

You’ve missed the point entirely then.

The point I was trying to make was that if we had bought Kamara instead of getting him on a free, we’d be much higher up that chart but not any better off player wise. 

9 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think finishing 8th will be close between 3 teams, it will come down to the last 2 or 3 game weeks. I believe that we will be in the hunt as one of those teams looking to finish 8th. I think we have as good a chance as any of the other teams fighting for 8th and that we will finish top half. Wether that is 8th, 9th or 10th will depend on lots of things and a bit of good fortune

with no further signings and Gerard in charge at best this is massively optimistic.  I'd go with wildly deluded. city, pool, spurs, arse, Chelsea, utd, West ham, Brighton, Newcastle, Leicester, Palace, Wolves, Brentford are all better than us.  we'll be fighting with Southampton & Everton for 13th/14th.

Edited by tezzaleed
error

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Even to plug a Diego Carlos sized gap in the team until he (hopefully) returns?

To me, that's what the loan system is for.

yep surely that's what loans are best used for.  if Carlos has a chance of returning then a season long loan of someone like Chalobah is ideal.  Konsa is a liability at the moment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Even to plug a Diego Carlos sized gap in the team until he (hopefully) returns?

To me, that's what the loan system is for.

We have 4 cbs right now + Feeney. Then a loan is not needed if it's not a top player that improve us hugely. 

On 16/08/2022 at 16:36, birdistheword said:

Traore, Nakamba, El Ghazi, Sanson, Guilbert, Hause can’t even make the squad with 9 subs. Depth isn’t an issue in the slightest, first team quality is.

So we have no depth because they are not good enough - bore off

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

How do we feel about Eric Bailly? He’s the latest name to be linked. I’ve always thought he was a very good defender, but he was a bit injury prone not sure if that’s still the case.

Pretty much that. One of United better players but is never on the pitch

• Like 1