Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's been a long time since we had individual player rumour threads.  Remember when we had Philips, Bissouma and Suarez threads?  Someone start a Duje Ćaleta-Car thread.

It feels like ages ago! I remember the rush of rumours about a week or so after the season ended. We should get a Caleta-Car thread up and maybe a Nelsson one too 👀

Sevilla are looking at Tanguy Nianzou at Bayern to replace Kounde.

Probably be worth a try if he's available for the right price. He's not going to be a like for like for Carlos but from the little I saw of him at Bayern he looks like a talent. Sevilla have a good track record of signing players and this guy is a PSG youth product which means he's from the best academy in the world.

And he's pretty tall.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Yes please.

Good age (22), a decent goal scoring record, and would offer us something different up front due to his height (6'4).

Maybe we could utilise him to attack some of the crosses from Cash and Digne.

Now that would benefit us big time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Yes please.

Good age (22), a decent goal scoring record, and would offer us something different up front due to his height (6'4).

Maybe we could utilise him to attack some of the crosses from Cash and Digne.

His goal scoring dropped like a stone last season after being good previous seasons. Does anyone know why?

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Probably be worth a try if he's available for the right price. He's not going to be a like for like for Carlos but from the little I saw of him at Bayern he looks like a talent. Sevilla have a good track record of signing players and this guy is a PSG youth product which means he's from the best academy in the world.

And he's pretty tall.

I think it's already agreed that he's going to Sevilla unfortunately

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Tricky_Vale said:

Is it just me that is slightly excited at the prospect of Caleta-Car.. simply because he has a beard?

Remember when Mellberg got better and better the longer his beard got... I think its a good omen

Customary You Tube Video

A quick look at the video and He looks a tall, strong, mobile central defender who can pass the ball well and looks a threat at both ends of the pitch. The Beard seals the deal, I am all for it. Get him signed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Fair enough. Well we all know who the club are and who they are run and owned by. Businessmen essentially run football clubs and ours is no different. Ours have more wealth than the majority of the league as many of here like to go on about. And if we are not improving the team enough to fight for positions they claim we want to get to, thereby raising the hopes of the fanbase but failing to achieve them, then it will be the fans that suffer.

I agree that they’re businessmen and can accept that they may see things differently to us fans. I can also easily believe that they may have and will continue to make mistakes, everyone does. But I can see no reason why they would want to screw us over. They’ve shown no signs of being a Doug or a Randy and I wouldn’t mention them in the same breath as the bloke with the Mondeo on his road trip to the Italian capital. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

And he's pretty tall.

Bayern are letting him go because he's a dick but I think he's about as good a loan CB as will be available 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

His goal scoring dropped like a stone last season after being good previous seasons. Does anyone know why?

Statistically, 60 percent was due to a drop in finishing and 40 percent was due to a drop in non penalty xG compared to the previous season. Finishing is just one of those things that can wildly vary across seasons and he has shown very good finishing in previous seasons.

The xG part however is more complicated. This could either be his team failing to create chances for him or he himself is failing to get into the right position to finish chances. Interestingly,  the rest of his team had the same non-penalty xG for both these seasons which suggests that the rest of his team at was not getting less chances.