Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I haven't contradicted myself, he's seemingly not part of Gerrard's plans, but that's not why he's training with the U23s, he's training with the U23s because if he wasn't he'd be at Bodymoor Heath training by himself. There's no 'bomb squad' or whatever, also our academy is too important to be used as a punishment, the club wouldn't do that.

• Like 2

I’m worried about Buendia though, for me he’s ahead of Coutinho, who considering all the talk from Gerrard about him benefitting from a proper preseason, has looked a bit off it to be honest. 

If I was Buendia I’d be asking a few questions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I haven't contradicted myself, he's seemingly not part of Gerrard's plans, but that's not why he's training with the U23s, he's training with the U23s because if he wasn't he'd be at Bodymoor Heath training by himself. There's no 'bomb squad' or whatever, also our academy is too important to be used as a punishment, the club wouldn't do that.

Yeah, he's not part of Gerrard's plans so he's been sent to train with the U23s and we'd sell if any kind of reasonable offer was received. 

You not wanting to use the term bomb squad is purely academic, it's the same **** situation either way mate 🤣

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’m worried about Buendia though, for me he’s ahead of Coutinho, who considering all the talk from Gerrard about him benefitting from a proper preseason, has looked a bit off it to be honest. 

If I was Buendia I’d be asking a few questions. 

I think the same as well

But there's no 'bomb squad' Traore not being in our plans doesn't mean he's part of a bomb squad, every club has players that are available for sale, or aren't in the club's plans if they can find better.

Also Traore training with the U21s whilst the rest of the first team is away doesn't mean he's part of 'bomb squad' either, he will be back with the rest of the first team next week, and if he hasn't got a move by the end of the window, I'm pretty sure he will named in the squad and we will be happy to use him as an option.

Have people not learned not to read too much into what Ashley Preece says.

The squad is nowhere near ready in my view. Yes we have added Kamara and Diego who are great players but we are still severely lacking further up the pitch. There is no way this squad gets to where we want. Poor transfer window up to this point. If we fail to add anyone else, then we should expect the same as last season - no progress. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The squad is nowhere near ready in my view. Yes we have added Kamara and Diego who are great players but we are still severely lacking further up the pitch. There is no way this squad gets to where we want. Poor transfer window up to this point. If we fail to add anyone else, then we should expect the same as last season - no progress. 

We massively underachieved last season....

Also why do you rate other none top 6 clubs players so highly compared to ours? I don't fear any of those teams.

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

A Traore with game time is easily saleable for around £15-£20 m but we’ll be lucky to see £10m like this.

Most players with game time will increase their value. But if game time is to the detriment of the team and the result then game time should not be given imo

• Like 1

we ain’t getting a new striker unless we sell an existing one. In fact, we ain’t getting any new players until we sell some existing players

life sucks when you have a bomb squad that is almost a whole squad 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

we ain’t getting a new striker unless we sell an existing one. In fact, we ain’t getting any new players until we sell some existing players

life sucks when you have a bomb squad that is almost a whole squad 

giphy.gif

I think we are going to spend big on a new striker next summer (maybe in Jan if things with Watkins & Ings aren't going to plan)

We don't really have squad space if we can't shift some of the fringe guys this year (El Ghazi, Hause, Nakamba, Traore, Sanson-- idk if I would put him here though) where we would be able to buy a few more players).