Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Not sure why, I thought he was quite bright in his brief pre-season cameo?

Agreed. I didn't think he'd get many minutes as he's the opposite of a 'Gerrard' player. But cutting him entirely loose is a weird decision for a player who has a moment of magic in his locker and has always been professional... Particularly when we have 5 subs this year, he could be useful.

I get selling him, for sure, but seems weird to bomb him out without rumblings of discontent etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

Barkley in the form he showed when he first joined us was awesome.  I thought he was going to be the missing link.  Unfortunately it would be a monumental gamble for anyone to assume that they could keep him in that form for a full season.  Because his form for the rest of his stay was dreadful.  Certainly nowhere near the level needed to drop Couts or Emi2.

True. Don't think he's on their level. Still think he could be a useful option.

There are some stats of his that season which makes me think he could've done better for us and was a bit unlucky to have not. I do think the team was quite unbalanced with him in midfield at least at the time.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

True. Don't think he's on their level. Still think he could be a useful option.

There are some stats of his that season which makes me think he could've done better for us and was a bit unlucky to have not. I do think the team was quite unbalanced with him in midfield at least at the time.

To be fair our midfield was quite imbalanced whichever players stepped out onto the pitch.  I think we are moving in the right direction.  But I think Bailey, Couts and Emi would stop Barkley getting much / any game time and he seems like a person who needs to feel like he is central to everything.  Kind of hope he goes back to Everton as seeing him and Dele Alli throwing their dummies out of their prams would be quite amusing.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Eyeballs.

Oh come on.

If he has done nothing I would be outraged but something must have happened for the manager to say sod off and train with the kids.

• Like 1

I am not a big fan of Traore but you do question the wisdom of doing stuff like this. You must demotivate the player and it sends the wrong message to interested club who will now try to take the Mick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, mykeyb said:

I am not a big fan of Traore but you do question the wisdom of doing stuff like this. You must demotivate the player and it sends the wrong message to interested club who will now try to take the Mick.

A Traore with game time is easily saleable for around £15-£20 m but we’ll be lucky to see £10m like this.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Barkley would be an absolutely idiotic signing of next level proportions.

Some of you must have memories of a goldfish if you dont remember his overall performances last time he was here (spoiler - not good).

Mardy word removed too.