Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There's a lot of work to be done in trimming the squad down to remove the 'bloat' that SG has mentioned.

Don't feel like we'd be massively held back in making signings until we've shifted players though. We can't be that financially restricted given owners wealth and presumably decent ffp position. And from a squad registration point of view, we are only 1 player over the limit and with over a month of the window left to go. Here's the 26 over 25s we have at present:

Emiliano Martínez
Matty Cash
Tyrone Mings
Lucas Digne
Diego Carlos
Douglas Luiz
Philippe Coutinho
Boubacar Kamara
Ollie Watkins
Danny Ings
Robin Olsen
Ezri Konsa
Calum Chambers
Ashley Young
Ludwig Augustinsson
John McGinn
Emiliano Buendía
Marvelous Nakamba
Bertrand Traoré
Leon Bailey
Jed Steer
Frédéric Guilbert
Kortney Hause
Morgan Sanson
Anwar El Ghazi
Keinan Davis

I'd assume the first 20 of these would be in the final 25 man squad (unless we cannot resolve the Luiz contract situation), and we'll probably look to move on some or all of the remaining 6. Can't see us being unable to at least loan out most of them given four were last season. Repeating that alone gives us 3 free squad spaces for signings and we're left with reasonable squad players in Hause and Sanson.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Don't feel like we'd be massively held back in making signings until we've shifted players though. We can't be that financially restricted given owners wealth and presumably decent ffp position. And from a squad registration point of view, we are only 1 player over the limit and with over a month of the window left to go. Here's the 26 over 25s we have at present:

Emiliano Martínez
Matty Cash
Tyrone Mings
Lucas Digne
Diego Carlos
Douglas Luiz
Philippe Coutinho
Boubacar Kamara
Ollie Watkins
Danny Ings
Robin Olsen
Ezri Konsa
Calum Chambers
Ashley Young
Ludwig Augustinsson
John McGinn
Emiliano Buendía
Marvelous Nakamba
Bertrand Traoré
Leon Bailey
Jed Steer
Frédéric Guilbert
Kortney Hause
Morgan Sanson
Anwar El Ghazi
Keinan Davis

I'd assume the first 20 of these would be in the final 25 man squad (unless we cannot resolve the Luiz contract situation), and we'll probably look to move on some or all of the remaining 6. Can't see us being unable to at least loan out most of them given four were last season. Repeating that alone gives us 3 free squad spaces for signings and we're left with reasonable squad players in Hause and Sanson.

Thanks for the concise list 👍. I agree that the bottom six are the most likely to be moved on either now or in January.  If we can move three out minimum in the next week we’ll have done well.  

Chukweumeka straight swap for Depay?

I'm not as high on Depay as some others are, but it'd potentially be a smart move and if Depay doesn't adapt to the Prem we have other Strikers who should be better this season and we may have gotten only £300k for Chuk next year anyway.. so it wouldn't really have cost us anything (even if it gets labelled as £20m) 

If he is as good as some think it'd be incredible business for us

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm not as high on Depay as some others are, but it'd potentially be a smart move and if Depay doesn't adapt to the Prem we have other Strikers who should be better this season and we may have gotten only £300k for Chuk next year anyway.. so it wouldn't really have cost us anything (even if it gets labelled as £20m) 

Could be us?

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Would Youri Tielemans be the final piece of the jigsaw 🤔, before he came to Leicester i had him on PES he was an absolute monster so when he joined Leicester i was fuming, but without studying him since there too closely im not sure how impactful he is and if he is still that monster, anyone able to give an insight on him 

not sure why he would drop down the table to join us when teams higher up would sign him

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He didnt adapt the last time to the Premier League but he was 22 then, Apparently he wasnt giving much effort after Koeman left Barcelona

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

I highly doubt most other premier league non sky 6 clubs have striker options like we currently do … we can’t just be signing depth pieces for the fun of it. Right now there’s 4 first team strikers — I know you say maybe they’re not ready 

I think we have 2 first team strikers.

Plus a youth prospect thats never played in the Premier League and might or might not be ready for a couple more years (or might get sent out on loan to a championship club).

Plus a 24 year old who has track record that possibly shows that he can't play in the PL or at least won't be good enough for a PL team chasing 7th.

But i still agree, Ings and Watkins are enough for a team that plays 1 striker up front and doesn't have any European games and probably won't get that far in the cups.

• Like 1

Some speculation on Le Twit that we've bid on Depay.

All I remember of him is that he didn't do anything at Man Utd. 

Is he better than our current set of strikers?

26 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Hope not… 

Would you really really turn up your nose on a barcelona regular 🫤 id certainly welcome him, theres others out there id prefer but id sign him absolutely 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I've always felt Depay was better as a forward than a striker, if that makes sense. I don't know how he'd fit here. In my mind he's a logical replacement for Dybala at Juventus to play up front with Di Maria, Vlahovic and Chiesa.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think we have 2 first team strikers.

Plus a youth prospect thats never played in the Premier League and might or might not be ready for a couple more years (or might get sent out on loan to a championship club).

Plus a 24 year old who has track record that possibly shows that he can't play in the PL or at least won't be good enough for a PL team chasing 7th.

But i still agree, Ings and Watkins are enough for a team that plays 1 striker up front and doesn't have any European games and probably won't get that far in the cups.

Completely agree with that — I have high hopes for Archer but also feel like a season loan could be very beneficial as well. 
if we sell / loan both of Archer and Davis then I’d understand getting a 3rd choice.

saying first team strikers I meant in the squad, and if we can’t shift / don’t shift either of Archer & Davis I don’t think we can afford to sign another

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

No

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Would you really really turn up your nose on a barcelona regular 🫤 id certainly welcome him, theres others out there id prefer but id sign him absolutely 

Yes I would, he just doesn’t fit our squad at the minute. Already have Bailey/Buendia/Coutinho and Ings/Watkins so where would he slot in?

also he’s probably on a ton of wages at Barca 

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just out of interest, why?

As good I know he is, can be, I just don’t like the chap. He’s part of that new bread of players who do things for the “gram” 

All that social media clout and getting paid is their only motivation. 

lingard, pogba, Depay… footballing merchants with no (footballing) soul. I somewhat feeling Jack Grealish is falling in to that trap

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2