Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

18 minutes ago, TomC said:

I like how Leon is bunny-earing Cash. It's a good thing when the players get along and can joke with each other.

Pretty sure he’s just pulling out the peace sign… 

12 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Not signing any more players is fine, but don’t expect top 10 if we don’t. Regardless of outs, we need another quality midfielder. Anything else can wait, but one more quality midfielder and there’s even a decent chance of 7th. 

SG says;):

Meme: "Trust in Me" - All Templates - Meme-arsenal.com

21 hours ago, John said:

Problem is he wouldn't want to come, or if he did he'd be wanting away as soon as he had made a name for himself again. His departure soured me towards him, although I keep hearing that he is going to make a great PL manager (from him:rolleyes:). 

Neville on the Man United player who regretted that Ferguson didn't retire  sooner image.jpeg.2a8369e7ee56eade1255286c1e657596.jpeg

I know what you mean John......and any player who says "I don't want to play for you any more" is history to me too.

I was merely talking about his ability as a player.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Not me. I think they did the work they knew they had to do, early and brilliantly.

We don't need another midfielder. We'd like one, but we've improved options and experience, and 3 out of Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, Luiz, Sanson, Nakamba, Iroebunam - plus perhaps Chambers, Ramsey (A) and Buendia in the centre gives us a lot of options - and maybe Carney would like to play football next season in return for an autograph?
We don't need another striker. Watkins, Ings and Archer for the system we play is plenty, and Keinan gives us a different option, plus Bailey will be like a new player in a different system.

I suspect we do need to see some players out the door, in order to avoid a bloated squad, and the wage bill rising out of control. AEG, Traore, Guilbert, Hause - there's potentially £15m-£20m there, before we shift one of the CMs, and perhaps Keinan. 

The outgoings aren't totally in our control, so it wouldn't surprise me to see 3 or 4 departures in the last couple of weeks, which trigger 1 or 2 more incomings. 

And by this where do you expect us to finish out of curiosity? Lol

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ive been saying this for a while, but one or two more additions definitely make that argument more valid

7th place is up for grabs every year even with no more additions. You don't need a big squad you usually just need momentum and to get lucky with injuries. Leicester, Villa, West Ham, Wolves and maybe even some other teams all have a shot at it. Get off to a good start and its there for the taking. However if you want to get into the top 6 then you are competing with teams that have CL wage bills and larger squads. That's when you really need a lot of luck to go your way. 

• Like 1

Info: things are moving for Sekou Mara: - Newcastle want the player but the Magpies have not yet found the arguments to convince him. - Aston Villa and Leeds are very interested in the player's profile but have not made an offer. - Bordeaux wants 10 M €

Edited by Rustibrooks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I'd look to sell Traore, El Ghazi and Watkins and put it all towards a new star forward.

We could afford one without selling to be fair. I think Anwar's off though regardless.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

More meat to the midfield link bones.

Matt Maher knows his stuff.

Yes Matt Maher is the journalist who has a direct link to Villa. As confirmed by someone who works at the club in a senior management role. Can’t remember his name though lol. Delphiniho has posted a tweet from him previously confirming this.