Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Against Leeds did we play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1? 

If SG is changing it up to a 4-2-3-1 I think Sangare would be perfect with Kamara, but if not there might be better options for a more box to box 8. Milinkovic-Savic would be unbelievable if we were really going to pull a rabbit out of the hat, can’t see Arsenal signing him and Teilemans.

Looked 4-3-3 to me. Kamara holding with Dougie and Ramsey as 8s.

With Zinchenko moving to Arsenal, I really would love to go all out for Tielemans—as Zinchenko stated he wants to play the majority of his time as a CM from now on.

I’m not sure Arsenal getting Zinchenko means that they’re not also going for Tielemans. 

I’ve got a feeling that a few clubs possibly us included are waiting for the big guns to move and then they’ll be a late flurry of transfers for players that didn’t get their first choice moves. Tielemans may be in that second group but I can’t see him coming to us.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Dybala can play off him can't he? 

I thought he could play a 10 as well as a striker 

Yes but where’s the fun in using that kind of logic ??  Tammy’s coming home 🥳

Edited by Villaphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If tammys available id sell either ollie or eatkins to bring him here

But cant see it think he is happy in rome

Really? Then in a years time you’d all be having this same conversation about how he misses too many chances and we need better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Maybe.

We’ve spent a fair chunk, but then have sold/released some players as well.

Feels like we have 1 more purchase to go, irrespective of whether we sell.  

For example, let’s say we sell El Ghazi for £5m.  Does that make the difference between us buying a striker or CM for £30-40m?  I’d say it probably doesn’t IF the right player becomes available for the right price.

Makes a difference to the price we’d get for El Ghazi, that’s for certain, and that runs into millions.  I’d imagine we’re trying to line up a few departures, but want them to go within a few days as we  don’t want to create this inbuilt discount that everyone can assume.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We've definitely enquired and been told pay release clause please. £32m I think it was. 

Not sure for that price myself, and I think he'd hold off on signing with us immediately in case a big stupid club who can't get their shit together like United came in for him late in the window.

What kind of CM is he? Another Kamara type? Or a better Nakamba type?

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Another midfielder and that's the bottom end of what this squad should be getting.

We’d need another striker as well then to get 60 points.  We don’t take enough chances otherwise.  We need to beat the xG occasionally to win games we shouldn’t, which could get us to the magical 60 number, I don’t think we have that.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? Then in a years time you’d all be having this same conversation about how he misses too many chances and we need better.

Tammys a better finisher than ollie though. The amount of 1 on 1s ollie misses is ridiculous.  Tammy was never like that

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Personally, I think next summer is the time to sign a striker.

Give these + Archer another year to prove their worth.

Then sell the weakest link.

I'd prefer to go all in on a top CM if anything this summer.

There iis no reason Ings can't get back to his best, he ain't just become a shit striker in a season.

I dont even think he was shit, just didn’t have (imo) enough game time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Better organisation would help.

Mental weakness is just a buzzword - you don't get to be an international calibre player if your mentality suggests otherwise. The idea that we have somehow selected 11+ players who are mentally weak is a non starter IMO. 

I think the coaching has been at fault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Not having it sorry.

We got 55 with loads of guys now being deemed not good enough. Nine players played more mins than Grealish that season.

McGinn, Targett, Bertie T, Mings, Konsa, Doug played basically every game.

Barkley, El Ghazi and Trezeguet all made over 20 PL apps.

How would Gerrard get on with that lot? He's had ridiculously strong backing and I think 55 points is the bare minimum if he gets another player coming in on £100k a week.

Yeah I see what you mean and I can’t argue.  I just can’t see this team getting 60 points plus without another top midfielder and striker.  

You make sense, I just can’t see it looking at this squad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I see what you mean and I can’t argue.  I just can’t see this team getting 60 points plus without another top midfielder and striker.  

You make sense, I just can’t see it looking at this squad.

Absolutely no doubt we can push Man Utd and Arsenal all the way. As can West Ham, Brighton, Leicester. They are far from the secure in their "top six" status.

City and Liverpool obviously miles ahead of us, Spurs will be the ones closest to them this season. Chelsea are the fourth best, but are losing some key men, wouldn't be surprised if they missed out on Champions League.

Just look at Arsenal's XI (with no Ghana players in their midfield) and see who you'd swap for our team. There isn't many at all, same with Utd; and they both have Europa League to content with.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely no doubt we can push Man Utd and Arsenal all the way. As can West Ham, Brighton, Leicester. They are far from the secure in their "top six" status.

City and Liverpool obviously miles ahead of us, Spurs will be the ones closest to them this season. Chelsea are the fourth best, but are losing some key men, wouldn't be surprised if they missed out on Champions League.

Just look at Arsenal's XI (with no Ghana players in their XI) and see who you'd swap for our team. There isn't many at all, same with Utd; and they both have Europa League to content with.

We have the players - but are they a cohesive unit ? 

I still think we will be relying on our big hitters to blow the lesser teams out of the water - there where our points in the main will come from.

I'm really not sure another midfielder alters that