Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

40 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No chance.

Love the positivity in here but we’re a centre half, a striker and a new midfielder away from challenging for Europe in my opinion.

If we don’t sign another player in this window, I think we’ll finish between 9th-11th this season. 

Yeah all the positivity is great but as you say we are a fair way off a European place challenge.  

A great start to the window in transfers with Kamara coming into midfield.  Carlos gives us additional great competition in defence but aside from that, so far, we are the same team as the end of last season that lacked quality in a number of areas and lacked both physical and mental strength.  

Gerrard can work on the other problems of cohesion, style and fitness but all in all, at the moment, it’ll be a good season of pushing for that top 10 position.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably would have if the start to the season wasn’t so bad. We finished 7 points off 8th which isn’t a massive amount. 

We had a pretty poor second half of the season as well during several long patches that matched the start of the season.

• Like 1

We definitely have a top 10 team but we need a top level midfielder who can really dominate on and off the ball.

A press resistant midfielder is what we need.

We also need a top 5 level striker from abroad that is not on the radar of the big clubs.

Benteke was that level before his demise. 

Those two type of players would get us into Europe.

Unfortunately Watkins and Mcginn are not top 6/8 quality players. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I really hope so. Mostly looking forward to seeing the best of some our key players such as Coutinho and Buendia… that’s exciting.

Not sure about the coaching team, could possibly be too bloated and I’ve never been a fan of the additions of Danks & McPhee…

I am hoping with the new head coach that we see a cohesive, disciplined, more aggressive team than we have had for the last few seasons.

We have had glimpses of how good we can be, and I have thought that a different coach might make us more consistent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We definitely have a top 10 team but we need a top level midfielder who can really dominate on and off the ball.

A press resistant midfielder is what we need.

We also need a top 5 level striker from abroad that is not on the radar of the big clubs.

Benteke was that level before his demise. 

Those two type of players would get us into Europe.

Unfortunately Watkins and Mcginn are not top 6/8 quality players. 

Benteke's demise started when he moved to a top 5 level club.

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably would have if the start to the season wasn’t so bad. We finished 7 points off 8th which isn’t a massive amount. 

The ending was just as bad, we were close to 8th in March that some even thought we could get the Conference League spot

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Those players have to exist, it's the world of football.

Raphinha was under the radar for years and now he is going to Barca as he is approaching 26yrs old.

He has totalled transfers of nearly 50 million before this move. Hardly under the radar 

7 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Those players have to exist, it's the world of football.

Raphinha was under the radar for years and now he is going to Barca as he is approaching 26yrs old.

There's more wingers about at the moment, attacking wide men or however you want to class them even more so

Out and out strikers and goalscorers are like rocking horse shit

The two are related, more players are drifting towards the salah / mane roles 

Edit - and its hard to be under the radar when man utd, arsenal and Chelsea all need a new number 9, liverpool and City have already bought theirs this summer 

Edited by villa4europe

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A top 8

better striker

better LCD

better wide attacking options 

That get us in to Europe, but I rather develop most of those players. I just be happy with an 8 this window 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A top 8

better striker

better LCD

That get us in to Europe, but I rather develop most of those players. I just be happy with an 8 this window 

I believe we have a squad capable of being top half and pushing for Europe. I also think we will be looking very seriously at the cup competitions as a route to Europe. The problems may come if we suffer too many injuries or injuries to key positions. 

A top no.8 and maybe a top striker if possible, could greatly improve our top 6/8 chances. I think we’re still trying with a number of options. As many people have said, shifting one or two would also help. As much for not having a big squad to manage and keep fit/happy. I don’t think ffp is a big immediate worry but something that we’ll be keeping an eye on before it becomes a problem. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has totalled transfers of nearly 50 million before this move. Hardly under the radar 

He also has less PL goals than Watkins, so not entirely sure he'd be a massive upgrade for the price you'd have to pay.

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A top 8

better striker

better LCD

You do excel at the comedy I'll give you that 🤣

As Tielemans seems wildly unrealistic I hope the club checks out the Carlos Soler situation at Valencia.

He only has 1 year left on his current deal and they are in financial trouble as always. Been linked to Barca but can't see how they could afford him even if they sell de Jong. Guess Atletico Madrid is a likely destination but worth a try.