Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

If we gunna sign Otavio it will be within the next few days before his release clause rises on the the 15th July to over €50mill … Rather have Nunes - or both please of Luiz and Sanson go … 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488699ioun1l3hf2i0cutz

i get one right today and you take my crown…. Pfffft

I want it all and I want it now!  I’m a modern man, despite what my wife says. 

@AshVilla seems to be back tracking now though, so I’d better scramble about in the bin and fish your crown out. King Carry on is back! Never doubted you for a minute. 

49 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It’s the glorious start to the window that set the expectation, and the utter silence on senior signings thereafter. If those signings had been added across the window we would all be saying what a legendary window this is.

More will arrive as the rest of the market makes its decisions, we are super serious/focused on improving as a club at this moment.

Very clear strategy which is very refreshing. Focused on integrating new names early, promoting young players to train with the senior squad, and giving a bunch of youth pro contracts. It’s a very clear pattern. The club clearly has targets, and more will arrive. We do things quietly which is also great. Building for the future and improving today. We are very lucky. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If possible could someone get me up to speed on Otavio fellow? I don't really follow the Portuguese league. What kind of player is he, and where does he play?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I think they last deals whatever they are will be done the last day or so of the window 

SG wanted to bring in players early and has done so as far as was possible but, I think we might go to the last day with possibly one signing. It would be rather nice to have the lights still on at Bodymoor Heath on deadline day for once and for the chairs to be set up for a player announcement, to give us all something to watch Sky for into the night. 

image.jpeg.56e4a86aae5467727d867c201e2de6fb.jpeg image.jpeg.9c122a689d4d87eb7e9410de457550d8.jpeg image.jpeg.d037efc614fe9d26d6da657741bed031.jpeg

29 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

If possible could someone get me up to speed on Otavio fellow? I don't really follow the Portuguese league. What kind of player is he, and where does he play?

He plays here at the moment:D(sorry I just couldn't resist it):

image.jpeg.af2da0c81e47959aefcf36e430aa69e8.jpeg

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He sounds like Buendia in that he's a short, very energetic and high-pressing player. His stats, like Buendias in the championship, really show that his workrate and pressing is a clear stand out in his game.

However, he plays more as a Right Midfielder, usually this would mean he'd be seen as moving forward as a winger nowadays, into Buendias position, however we believe that he'd be moved central as an 8 in Gerrards system. But also able to cover Buendia in rotation etc.

Infact, there's always been a belief that Buendia could move central as a 10 but it never quite worked. Otávio already plays a bit more centrally than Buendia, and not as far forward so it would possibly be perfect for that. A high-pressing, high-work rate CM who is also able to drift wide, drift forwards and capable of finding beautiful passes for the front 3.

In theory, the idea of Coutinho, Buendia and Otavio linking up in attack is glorious. Buendia, Watkins, JJ, Otavio and McGinns work rates could smother opposition's too. It could be great.

The flip side would be that Carlos-Mings and Kamara are going to have their work cut out for them against any physical team (in the world's most physical league) as a team of tricky midgets ahead of them gets pounded by any team with multiple 6ft'ers in it.

Interesting. Kamara and Carlos are good signings in those positions at least. Would also suggest that Buendia is going to be a crucial part of the team going forward.

9 hours ago, joshharris12 said:

Showed my age there that’s the guy what happened to him he was genuine itk 

Last posted on here under that alias in 2012. He was big in the Lerner era so obviously had a source high up in that chain of command.

Actually just remembered Hairyhands who suddenly showed up on here a few years later. Was saying stuff like Kozak had broken his leg at training before news made the press.