Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

As long as we do get another midfielder who can help out defensively, make us look after the ball better and add some physicality, I’m all for more signings of quality.

I just really really want Buendia’s place in the side to be more assured… we haven’t made the best use of his talents. He’s the most creative player we have and his workrate is immense.

A stronger midfield will allow our two South American no. 10s to thrive and express themselves… we will be so entertaining to watch and win more games.

We need the CF to be more clinical but a more consistent supply of genuine chances is only going to help… we will score more as well as defend better if we sort the balance of the side out. We have to be better in possession.

I am really pleased with the BK signing.....but not convinced yet overall.

I think your point, is bang on the money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

The confusing thing for me is.....many of us agree Dougie is not a defensive midfielder, just deployed there, while we sorted ourselves out.

yet we still talk about him as if he's a no6 ......If he goes, we are losing a No 8 imo.

Unless Nakamba is capable of playing alongside Kamara in certain games, we do need another defensively capable midfielder......BK will find the going tough, if we don't provide him with some help.

Midfield needs to have a robust tone to it.....for us to improve.

Looking at Otavio's pressing stats he is a very defensively capable midfielder, albeit one operating in a different area of the pitch.

While it would be good to have someone who can sit alongside Kamara when necessary, I personally feel we would look much more solid having someone able to win the ball back high up the pitch rather than always inviting them onto us.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

The confusing thing for me is.....many of us agree Dougie is not a defensive midfielder, just deployed there, while we sorted ourselves out.

yet we still talk about him as if he's a no6 ......If he goes, we are losing a No 8 imo.

Unless Nakamba is capable of playing alongside Kamara in certain games, we do need another defensively capable midfielder......BK will find the going tough, if we don't provide him with some help.

Midfield needs to have a robust tone to it.....for us to improve.

Currently we have Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, Luiz, Sanson, Nakamba, Chuk and Tim for midfield, that's 8 players for 3 positions, we only need 6 so if we sign a new CM then three are surplus to requirements:

Kamara/Nakamba
McGinn/Ramsey
New CM/ 1 of Luiz/Sanson/Chuk/Tim

Edited by duke313

2 hours ago, penguin said:

Imagine being that starved for attention you create a fake ITK on Twitter

I've just finished watching Sherwood and I think I much prefer attention seeking on twitter than arrow-based murder to get noticed. 

33 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I feel for him a bit. He's a nice dude but genuinely has 0 contacts at the club and just makes predictions on gut feel. 

Bit like Evans then, apart from the nice dude bit.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Currently we have Kamara, McGinn, Ramsey, Luiz, Sanson, Nakamba, Chuk and Tim for midfield, that's 8 players for 3 positions, we only need 6 so if we sign a new CM then three are surplus to requirements:

Kamara/Nakamba
McGinn/Ramsey

I think Sanson will go and Tim could potentially get loaned out.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Kamara/Nakamba
McGinn/Ramsey

How many are nailed on first teamers, with few question marks.?

• 2 are development players 
  • 1 is pretty much nailed on as our marquee signing
  • 1 is our progressive local boy, who is only improving
  • 2 are being linked with exits
  • 2 are left to challenge for 1 spot with 1 being a fan favourite....and play in different positions.

Not so hard to reconcile, with many games coming up.

• Like 1

Not sure what’s funnier the Twitter ITK crap or the fans who crave it and then pull it apart when they get it. Just take it all with a pinch of salt lads. We will make at least 3 more signings, I’m not ITK but the balance of the squad would suggest this. Let’s just see what happens!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Kamara/Nakamba
McGinn/Ramsey

Factor in 5 subs, 2 cup competitions, Covid and injuries,  I don't think 8 midfielders is too many.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Factor in 5 subs, 2 cup competitions, Covid and injuries,  I don't think 8 midfielders is too many.

I don't think we should worry too much about the taxing nature of our annual FA cup game!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

If we are to line up with two playmaker 10's like Coutinho and Buendia then have a 3rd player that can play in a similar vein makes sense, as this is a squad game. Buendia gets injured every now and then and Coutinho is a little injury prone. Relying on just those two isn't sensible. Yes we have Ings and Bailey who I both rate (really hoping Bailey shows something good this coming season).

BTW I'd say Coutinho is our most creative player. 

I think we have at least 2 signings left in us, possibly 3. If we sign Otavio and / or a defensively minded midfielder then that will follow outgoings I suspect. If Dougie moves on then that defensively minded midfielder comes in. If we move on Sanson or Mcginn then someone like Otavio will come in. If Ashley doesn't sign another contract with us then a back up left back will definitely come in too.

You forget Traore…

spacer.png

Like I said, I’m not against more signings so long as they are genuine enhancements but we have players we have yet to get the best out of. Bailey, as you mentioned, is just one of them. And yes, it’s certainly a squad game which is one of the reasons I’m not desperate to get rid and write off some of our players… we can be too hasty in that regard and possibly lack empathy or understanding at times. Everyone wants a quick fix these days… players are only human.

No one passes the ball as well as Buendia imo, killer through balls that are perfectly weighted… our CFs need to be better, he can get so many  assists…

Coutinho is a better goalscorer, Buendia a better assister. Imo of course.

For me, midfield is the priority. But I’m totally not against improving the side elsewhere… we can’t just keep spending either though… nor end up with a bloated squad on massive wages… there’s isn’t a bottomless pit of money. Not that your are saying that, just something worth reiterating. 

Hopefully a few sales will help boost any further activity…

Obviously, I want us to be as strong as possible. Balance is the key word for our side, we haven’t had it for far too long.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

While it would be good to have someone who can sit alongside Kamara when necessary, I personally feel we would look much more solid having someone able to win the ball back high up the pitch rather than always inviting them onto us.

Sounds like McGinn…

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Kamara/Nakamba
McGinn/Ramsey

23 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

If we play 45 games this season, that will have been an astonishingly good season in terms of cups. More likely we'll play 40-42. By contrast, the European sides play nearly half as many again. We don't need a squad as big as theirs, and if we have one all it will achieve is disharmony from miserable players. 

The good news is that out of the 8 listed in the initial post, Iroegbunam is 100% definitely going to be going out on loan, so it's really 7. But I agree with the OP that buying any more necessitates selling or loaning somewhere between 1 and 3 others.