Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The PL is pretty much the Champions League now aside from PSG, Bayern and Real. 

So why do English sides who've spent millions regularly get shown up by their Spanish counterparts in the Europa?

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, WHY said:

Makes me laugh when players talk about Europe, you turn the best league in the world down to play in Azerbaijan on a Thursday night. Even the CL only gets decent when it gets to QF/SF stage. Why not play against teams who regularly get to the latter stages of the European competitions every other week. I get players want to play at the highest level but the PL for the most part is the highest level.  

Tbf, Otavio would be a coup for us. He's been linked to Liverpool since they signed Diaz.

He isn't a Rapid Vienna / Young Boys / APOEL Type 'playing in europe' player. He's likely to be able to play in the top 5 leagues and in Europe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

So why do English sides who've spent millions regularly get shown up by their Spanish counterparts in the Europa?

Because most don't care about Europa, same as Italian teams.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Because most don't care about Europa, same as Italian teams.

United definitely cared about the Europa League in recent seasons same as Arsenal and West Ham

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Cheick Doucoure looks very close to Palace. If we sign a midfielder better than him I'll be very pleased.

You can be pleased. We already have and his name is Kamara

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United definitely cared about the Europa League in recent seasons same as Arsenal and West Ham

Teams like United and Arsenal don't want to be in Europa league, they are often still fighting for top 4 when they reach the latter knockout rounds, they either go all out for Europa and potentially sacrifice top 4, or sacrifice Europa and go all out for top 4..  West Ham don't have the squad depth to compete in Europe and PL each week.

12 hours ago, Wes said:

Few more reports this evening that Galatasary are really interested in Morgan Sanson. I think Sanson will start in the pre-season game against Walsall a week on Saturday, and Gerrard may just make his decision based on that, and these first weeks of training, about whether to keep him or not.

Trouble is there is a big difference in being "interested" and having the will and the means to pay us, what we would want for him. I would be interested in us signing Harry Kane, problem is I don't think we have quite enough in our wallet or that he would be up for joining our project.  

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Teams like United and Arsenal don't want to be in Europa league, they are often still fighting for top 4 when they reach the latter knockout rounds, they either go all out for Europa and potentially sacrifice top 4, or sacrifice Europa and go all out for top 4..  West Ham don't have the squad depth to compete in Europe and PL each week.

United have played 2 finals in 5 years plus a semi final. If they didnt care they wouldn't have had players like Bruno and Rashford playing nearly every Europa game 

West Ham dont have the depth but played Rice nearly every Europa game and even rested him for big Europa games

3 minutes ago, John said:

Trouble is there is a big difference in being "interested" and having the will and the means to pay us, what we would want for him. I would be interested in us signing Harry Kane, problem is I don't think we have quite enough in our wallet or that he would be up for joining our project.  

Yep we will be lucky to get 5 million from a Turkish team

• Like 1