Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks like he’s got a bit of bite about him too. Also, he wears his socks a little lower than most. I can get on board with that…

Hopefully there is legs in this one.

You'd hope so, otherwise what's the point of the socks?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, WHY said:

Makes me laugh when players talk about Europe, you turn the best league in the world down to play in Azerbaijan on a Thursday night. Even the CL only gets decent when it gets to QF/SF stage. Why not play against teams who regularly get to the latter stages of the European competitions every other week. I get players want to play at the highest level but the PL for the most part is the highest level.  

I often reckon this is marketing speak for " I need alot more money "

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I often reckon this is marketing speak for " I need alot more money "

Agree but whoever comes to the PL will always be coming for more money. In reality they should be happy to come for a bit more money as the PL is the best marketing tool in football. You will make more money than you will ever need if you turn out to be half decent. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Outside of Liverpool and City its really not great, Chelsea are probably the most consistent English team in Europe over last decade but that run looks like its coming to an end. United or Arsenal of the famous Sky 6 would struggle to get past the group stages in the Champions League. Spurs struggled in the conference league last season 😂

As for depth except Leicester league win the last non Sky 6 team to qualify from the league was Everton in 2005. Doesn't say great depth to me 

Of the 12 teams to reach the semifinals of the UCL, UEL or UECL, four were Premier League teams. One of which finished 7th in the league, and the other 8th. It's the best league in the world by far. 

You're questioning the depth of the league outside the top six, how many other leagues even have a big three, let alone a big six?

1 hour ago, WHY said:

Agree but whoever comes to the PL will always be coming for more money. In reality they should be happy to come for a bit more money as the PL is the best marketing tool in football. You will make more money than you will ever need if you turn out to be half decent. 

and thats the key.....show me.

you think you are this ,that and the other.....show me.....and I'll show you the safe.

I have no qualms with great players wanting big money.....its the ones that don't do it, and want big money, is my gripe.....and that group seems to be growing.

If they fancy their chances of producing, is there a better league to do it, in terms of challenge....sure there will always be a smidgin of clubs in less arduous leagues, backed by huge resource, but those leagues have only a handful of serious competition.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Few more reports this evening that Galatasary are really interested in Morgan Sanson. I think Sanson will start in the pre-season game against Walsall a week on Saturday, and Gerrard may just make his decision based on that, and these first weeks of training, about whether to keep him or not.

3 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Of the 12 teams to reach the semifinals of the UCL, UEL or UECL, four were Premier League teams. One of which finished 7th in the league, and the other 8th. It's the best league in the world by far. 

You're questioning the depth of the league outside the top six, how many other leagues even have a big three, let alone a big six?

Agree, there isn’t another league in the world even close to it at this moment in time. Don’t forget not only do our teams do well in Europe but they then have to come back and compete against even better teams week in, week out. No chance Real Madrid win the CL if they had played the amount of games Liverpool played for example. It still needed their keeper to have the game of his life to stop them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wes said:

Few more reports this evening that Galatasary are really interested in Morgan Sanson. I think Sanson will start in the pre-season game against Walsall a week on Saturday, and Gerrard may just make his decision based on that, and these first weeks of training, about whether to keep him or not.

Got a link? Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Agree, there isn’t another league in the world even close to it at this moment in time. Don’t forget not only do our teams do well in Europe but they then have to come back and compete against even better teams week in, week out. No chance Real Madrid win the CL if they had played the amount of games Liverpool played for example. It still needed their keeper to have the game of his life to stop them. 

We need to target players that are either all about the money and / or have scratched the itch of the Champ League/ or have young kids and demanding wives.

Unless you are getting to the quarters semis or finals every year , the Premier League gives you the chance to go up against the best teams in the world with the best players. 

Ignoring Chelsea Liverpool and Man Ciry you still have top class players like this to play outside of the top 3 

Kane Son Saka Odegaard Ronaldo Fernandes Sancho Varane De Gea Coutinho Martinez Ramsey 

No other league in the world has strength like this .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wes said:

I’m not saying you’re wrong but what could Gerrard possibly see in a pre season game against Walsall and a few early training sessions that he hasn’t already seen in the preceding 9 months?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Got a link? Cheers. 

Just chatter over the day. Wont spam loads of twitter posts that will take up half the page, but some URLs here:

mobile.twitter.com/kadircetincali/status/1541506556302442497

mobile.twitter.com/skorerrcom/status/1541395904187482113

mobile.twitter.com/fanatikcomtr/status/1541309193637986304

Preece also mentioned it in his Q&A today, but not sure if he was simply re-reporting on these bits out of Turkey, or from the club.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m not saying you’re wrong but what could Gerrard possibly see in a pre season game against Walsall and a few early training sessions that he hasn’t already seen in the preceding 9 months?

I agree - I'll provide further context about what I meant.

It's more a decision to whether it's even worth to take him on the tour to Australia or not. The last thing you want is to take a player half way around the world whose future is not with your club.

The Walsall game is not going to have any of the internationals playing. The only reason Sanson doesn't start in that midfield for that game is if they're preventing injury before an imminent transfer - which could well happen because, as you say, they could have easily made up their mind already in nine months. Similarly, I don't think it's completely unreasonable for Gerrard and his assistants to think, "You know what, I'm going to give him another shot. Give him a chance of a full pre-season with us to see what he's got. I'll see how he looks against Walsall, in a midfield that he should be absolutely running and commanding given the disparity in quality and lack of internationals on the Villa side, before telling Lange what to do."

You can still at that point take him with you to Australia, see how the first few games go in August and so forth. If McGinn picks up an injury lets say, well hopefully our new #8 will step up (I'm assuming Douglas Luiz is already out the door and as such we definitely need to bring in first choice competition already for Ramsey and McGinn in the #8 roles). I personally would rather have Chukwumeka and Sanson as that now 4th and 5th choice #8 option, compared to Chukwumeka and someone else. I think you retain more value keeping Sanson, than spending even more for the same position twice in one window.

I'm not a Sanson advocate by any means. He's hardly pulled up any trees during his time here. That said, I think there is some value in keeping him as that backup option, rather than forcing you to look for two new central midfielders.

I think that's the debate likely being had - and why I think how he does in those first few weeks could potentially sway minds.

But he's got a lot to prove for that to happen I agree.

11 minutes ago, Wes said:

I agree - I'll provide further context about what I meant.

It's more a decision to whether it's even worth to take him on the tour to Australia or not. The last thing you want is to take a player half way around the world whose future is not with your club.

The Walsall game is not going to have any of the internationals playing. The only reason Sanson doesn't start in that midfield for that game is if they're preventing injury before an imminent transfer - which could well happen because, as you say, they could have easily made up their mind already in nine months. Similarly, I don't think it's completely unreasonable for Gerrard and his assistants to think, "You know what, I'm going to give him another shot. Give him a chance of a full pre-season with us to see what he's got. I'll see how he looks against Walsall, in a midfield that he should be absolutely running and commanding given the disparity in quality and lack of internationals on the Villa side, before telling Lange what to do."

You can still at that point take him with you to Australia, see how the first few games go in August and so forth. If McGinn picks up an injury lets say, well hopefully our new #8 will step up (I'm assuming Douglas Luiz is already out the door and as such we definitely need to bring in first choice competition already for Ramsey and McGinn in the #8 roles). I personally would rather have Chukwumeka and Sanson as that now 4th and 5th choice #8 option, compared to Chukwumeka and someone else. I think you retain more value keeping Sanson, than spending even more for the same position twice in one window.

I'm not a Sanson advocate by any means. He's hardly pulled up any trees during his time here. That said, I think there is some value in keeping him as that backup option, rather than forcing you to look for two new central midfielders.

I think that's the debate likely being had - and why I think how he does in those first few weeks could potentially sway minds.

But he's got a lot to prove for that to happen I agree.

Problem with giving a player you’re 75% decided is not for you a chance to prove themselves is by the time you’ve realised that your instincts were right, the buyers may have lost interest and bought someone else.  

I don’t know what the deal is with Sanson tbh, he’s had injuries but whilst not being amazing, he’s never looked that bad either. Far poorer players have had a longer run of games than he has. Wonder if there’s been stuff off the pitch too.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rolta said:

We don't work on one transfer at a time and we can have more than one priority.

Just going by what the report says but not judging the club as it doesnt have to be true 

• Like 1