Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m so glad we’re not signing winks for £20m. He’s just a poorer version of Douglas Luiz. 

Mad that Spurs will get that kind of money for him. 

If Winks is worth 20m Luiz is worth at least 40m.

If Winks played for Villa he’d be going to Burnley for £2.50, Everton must be one of the worst run clubs in the league.

Quick look on the Spurs forum and they can’t quite believe it, equal reaction from Everton for the opposite reason.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, messi11 said:

That Carney Chukwuemeka for England U19 would be a good signing 

Nah he’s too old now, this isn’t a retirement home for players, we’ve already brought too many older players 😜

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Seen some spurious links to Gabriel Barbosa. So I’ll run with it.

How do we think he’ll fit in? Will he play alongside Watkins or as a lone striker.

Lets not speak this one into existence 😂

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This is the best our Wednesday is giving us. poor form. I’m expecting double helpings next Wednesday 

I have a feeling that it will be someone absolutely out of left field again who we haven't been linked to yet (but is one of the 300 players linked to Arsenal this window), but will be someone we'll be happy with once we find out who it is...  TBH, Lange has a great eye for a deal and knows how to keep it under wraps.  

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

They’ll be miles ahead of us if they sign those two. 

Thats the problem. We get business in early and think we are getting closer and then the others go out and buy just as good. If they click then they will be scoring shed loads of goals. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No mention of other clubs, Jesus seems destined for Arsenal now.

we were never in for him, he also wants to play wide now which rules us out

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can’t see us getting anywhere near the top 6 next year to be honest. A couple more good signings and I think we can push for 7th but even that will be tough. 

Think we’d need two quality starters at least if we’re genuinely aiming for Europe. 

We can if we 'click', but when has a Villa team ever overperformed. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we were never in for him, he also wants to play wide now which rules us out

He wants to play wide right, Raphinha plays wide right, Saka plays wide right…getting a bit congested on Arsenals right wing