Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

20 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

No, because that's what we already do. Digne goes forward and the midfielders cover behind. That's part of the reason McGinn had a "down season." Cash went forward, he stayed back.

Gerrard.jpg

Smith.jpg

Yes I agree with that but with Digne asked to contribute even more going forward perhaps a more defensive minded LB is in his plans with Digne

playing as more of a wide midfielder. That way maybe McGinn (if he's still there) could maintain his more natural position

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’ve signed the once 2nd most expensive player in the world, one of the most sought after young midfielders in Europe and one of the best defenders in La Liga last season. It’s not even July!

Are you trolling ?

Same as in January, we done great business early in the window so people start flapping further on in. 

It’s been a great window so far. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Same as in January, we done great business early in the window so people start flapping further on in. 

It’s been a great window so far. 

I think we are still looking for three players, LB, CM, Striker with the LB being potential back-up but the others will have to be improvements on what we have otherwise no business. Also I don’t think we will be prepared to pay over the top demands. 

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

My two choices right now for the Athletic Midfielder that we need. @Lange @Gerrard @Purslow 

1) Kouadio Kone- 21 years of Age/ B Gladbach/ 18 Milion

image.thumb.png.8f84efd7f9d96eff5bded76bb8acb01d.png
2) Ibrahim Sangare- / 24 year of age/ PSV/ 24million

Sangare is getting a lot of time and space in this highlights video. He seems to almost always needs 2 touches to get the ball under control. I think his quality on the ball would be lacking.

Kone is outmuscling a lot of players in his highlight reel, but how many prem footballers would he be able to do that too?

I think both would struggle in the premier league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

They had 20 million to spend and spent it on him..... they deserve to have no success 

I think Lampard could really help Winks. Lampard had similar limitations as a player, so he could bring the best out of him. 

Having said that Everton do appear to be collecting overrated midfielders that fell from grace!

Winks is so beneath Lampards level as a player that's its hardly the same sport.

Sorry, I just think Winks is a baseline career player from a game where every stat is 50/100.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I think Lampard could really help Winks. Lampard had similar limitations as a player, so he could bring the best out of him. 

Having said that Everton do appear to be collecting overrated midfielders that fell from grace!

The everton model, the way to catch the top 6 is to buy the players the top 6 deem not good enough for them 

Buying spurs 6th choice CM makes you kind of as good as spurs right?