Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

27 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

I was on the ferry to Ellis Island in New York..I look to my right and Geoffrey Rush was sitting next to me. I smiled at him and he said hello and had a nice chat for 10 minutes. Lovely man. 

Sorry back on topic. Wasn't Barbosa linked to spurs forever?

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don't know what happened to Barbosa when he was at Inter and Benfica but according to Transfermarkt he played a could of hundred minutes in total in European football........

Just thought I would throw in that to the conversation as I am also bored of waiting for news.

He was pretty young to be fair.

Just watched him on YouTube and he is very left footed. Clinical finisher but hard to tell how good the defending really is.  Also seems to take penalties. 

I’d like us to sign him because he seems a bit of a maverick. I think we’ll be entertained. Plus who doesn’t want Brazilians in the team!

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Not a great comparison perhaps as Barbosa was a huge talent as a kid and projected to be a superstar while Wesley was a dad of 2 playing in Slovakia.

Guess one can argue that both failed in Europe and moved back to Brazil but Barbosa won the title and golden boot and a bunch of other honors there while Wesley sat in the stands not even fit enough to be on the bench.

And then there is the injury.

Edit: Then again I just said he could turn out like Adriano so fair enough :D 

Barbosa has zero pl experience and his goal scoring ratio is not brilliant recently. In facts its pretty poor. Its worse than wesleys before his igned for us

Looooool at your last line 

11 minutes ago, Rolta said:

He was pretty young to be fair.

Like I said I have no idea what happened.... injury or attitude or the boss found out he was into necrophilia. It just seems odd that he could a total of about 200 minutes at inter and benfica combined.

To be honest, it might be better for him now that he's a bit older to have a crack at playing in Europe again. When he joined Inter he was only turning 20 at the time and was back in Brazil by 22/23, he probably couldn't adapt at the time and he was playing behind Icardi who was at his best at the time too.

Its a no from me for Barbosa. If we got him at his peak when he was top scorer in Brazil, sure. But he hasn't been particularly outstanding since and is in the midst of his worst season so far for them.

Edited by Laughable Chimp