Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I could see him being a minor improvement, I just don't care.

There's no serious link and I need something a bit more exciting than him to get me going :D

Yep, rather we talk about players like Sven Botman who we’ve been linked with

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Hickey would make so much sense, I think we could actually give him more game time than Bassey, as Hickey can also play right-back, Bassey can also play on the left hand side of defence, but I think Carlos, and Mings would be ahead of him, and maybe Konsa. Would allow us to loan out Kesler-Hayden.

Can he? It seems he has only played right back once and that was for Scotland and they lost to Ukraine

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

It’s just people arguing, “he’s a left back, he’s a midfielder”,  We’re bored.

What is it, about 20 posts?

Might want to look at such classic threads as ‘Yves Bissouma’ and ‘Milot Rashica’

Hickey has played right-back in Scotland, he's two footed. He probably hasn't played a lot there because there hasn't been call for him to do so, but if needed as two footed fullback, he's more than capable. In our system when need the fullbacks to be almost like wingers would be better than playing someone like Konsa or Chambers there

Edited by useless

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Yep, rather we talk about players like Sven Botman who we’ve been linked with

I haven't seen that.

Aouar.... there is a cheap player you lot can have a chat about that 12m tweet the other day

23 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Such a strange one to go on and on about though.

An above average player.

Same could’ve been said about Koopmeiners last summer or Leao summer before, Tammy etc …  Happens every window 

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

Same could’ve been said about Koopmeiners last summer or Leao summer before, Tammy etc …  Happens every window 

Don't you dare blaspheme against Koopmeiners.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, WHY said:

We were consistently ahead of Spurs in the mid to late 90’s and toe to toe with them in the MON era. We’ve never really been miles ahead of them. Some are sounding  like SHA fans when they finished above us for one season in their history. Let’s not get carried away lads! 

I’m 50 so I do recall quite a bit of our history, and completely agree that we were a very competitive outfit for most of the 90’s, in fact it is when I used to visit Villa Park most often. The big Ron years were my favourite despite the Few highs of the Little and Gregory years. But the post referenced Ramos‘ reign suggesting that was the context, and in the last 20 years we have only finished 3 times above them, and been in the second tier for three of them. It’s strange to think how much tougher it is now than 25+years ago, for a period, we really were frustratingly only a signing or two away from being contenders. I would also add that it’s strange how much the pretty dreadful last 20 years colours your view because my anecdotal memory was that Spurs were better in my memory than I remember, possibly because a lot of my friends were spurs fans, and I loved Gazza.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Zinchenko would be a sensational signing. Honestly, if we could pull that off I'll be incredibly excited for the season. 

Martinez

Cash     Carlos     Mings     Digne

Kamara

Ramsey           Zinchenko

Buendia              Coutinho

Watkins/Ings

Subs: Olsen, McGinn, Konsa, Luiz, Watkins/Ings, Bailey, Luiz, Carney, A.Youngster

That team has to push for 7th place surely.

Nah theres abit more missing to be claiming 7th with this side

1 hour ago, useless said:

Hickey has played right-back in Scotland, he's two footed. He probably hasn't played a lot there because there hasn't been call for him to do so, but if needed as two footed fullback, he's more than capable. In our system when need the fullbacks to be almost like wingers would be better than playing someone like Konsa or Chambers there

Our FB’s will be worked liked dogs, getting up and down the pitch.  I see the need to rotate at least 3 to keep them fresh.  I make that c. 25 league games each, with a few additional Cup games on top of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

How much would Gallagher cost do you reckon £35-£40 mill is fair but can see Chelsea wanting close to £50mill…. Is he really a £50million player ? 

How much would you demand for Jacob Ramsey? 

• Like 1