Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For anyone who wonders why Gregg Evans gets grief, read this article today. 

He's promoted it all day on twitter stating how big a piece it is because it includes all players. 

I'm genuinely serious in that I could have written the exact same with no contacts or inside sources. 

How he's paid to write about us in one of the biggest sports journalism companies is beyond me. He's hit the jackpot. 

I think he has tweeted all of the important information as well, dont think we need to look further into the article

They wont be liking that at The Athletic

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's promoted it all day on twitter stating how big a piece it is because it includes all players. 

I'm genuinely serious in that I could have written the exact same with no contacts or inside sources. 

How he's paid to write about us in one of the biggest sports journalism companies is beyond me. He's hit the jackpot. 

Got the 1 medal emoji as well of course. Crap account.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would probably take Dzeko though on a one year deal as Inter seem to want him out as Lukaku is coming back

A front three of Alexis Sanchez - Dzeko - Bale, if only it was 2014.

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Edit: never mind, covered above

Edited by MrBlack

45 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886jvkltck3h1r1vhasb9

You say that, but I've just looked on La Tercera's website and they're saying exactly what Sport Witness are saying that they've said. So if anything, you'd need to question the integrity of La Tercera (I don't know how reputable they are) but criticising Sport Witness for sharing what other publications are saying is like criticising villareport for doing the same and I know that nobody would criticise villareport...

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It's incredibly disappointing to see the poor quality of writing standard the Athletic has for the Villa.  I hold a subscription for the NBA content and it's well worth the money...  My team's journalist actually is a fan of the team, travels with the team to every game (home and away), has exclusive interviews with the players/coaching staff, and will break actual insider news before other sources.  He's the most trusted source for my team and is universally beloved by the supporters, especially because he puts out content every single day during the season and it isn't the same old recycled drivel.  

Compare that to what Evans puts out for Villa.  It's one article a week at best, and nothing new is ever included in the article you couldn't have gleamed from stories written elsewhere.  He doesn't interview players/coaching staff, doesn't have an inside scoop at the club, and isn't a fan (so he doesn't really have the pulse of the supporters).  TBH, I could do as good of a job covering Villa for the Athletic based in the USA, if that's the level of quality they expect from their Premier League team.  

Probably because the British press are vultures and wouldn't think twice about flipping a sensationalist headline

31 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Hause is on too big of a wage packet and we may be stuck with him unless he wants to take a cut to leave

Struggle to see much truth in this when we gave him a new contract about six months ago - would only have given him what we wanted to pay, if we were worried about being stuck we could have just let it run down…

33 minutes ago, KMitch said:

• Kalanic and Guilbert may be sold off for peanuts/released because the new loan rules dictate we can only loan out 8 players total next season and will prioritize the youth.  
  •  

I’m pretty sure he’s got this wrong as well, as u21s don’t count towards that total 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m pretty sure he’s got this wrong as well, as u21s don’t count towards that total 

You are correct, as per the below from Fifa:

From 1 July, clubs will only be able to have eight players loaned out and eight loaned in during a season. That number will go down to seven from July 2023 and will reduce again to six from July 2024.

The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, KMitch said:

It's incredibly disappointing to see the poor quality of writing standard the Athletic has for the Villa.  I hold a subscription for the NBA content and it's well worth the money...  My team's journalist actually is a fan of the team, travels with the team to every game (home and away), has exclusive interviews with the players/coaching staff, and will break actual insider news before other sources.  He's the most trusted source for my team and is universally beloved by the supporters, especially because he puts out content every single day during the season and it isn't the same old recycled drivel.  

Compare that to what Evans puts out for Villa.  It's one article a week at best, and nothing new is ever included in the article you couldn't have gleamed from stories written elsewhere.  He doesn't interview players/coaching staff, doesn't have an inside scoop at the club, and isn't a fan (so he doesn't really have the pulse of the supporters).  TBH, I could do as good of a job covering Villa for the Athletic based in the USA, if that's the level of quality they expect from their Premier League team.  

Yeah I have it for NFL and NBA content and it's so superior. Each team have high level content on a consistent basis. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

You are correct, as per the below from Fifa:

From 1 July, clubs will only be able to have eight players loaned out and eight loaned in during a season. That number will go down to seven from July 2023 and will reduce again to six from July 2024.

The cap does not apply to players aged 21 and under, or players who are “club trained” – so those who have been with either their current club or another in the same national association for at least three years between the ages of 15-21. These are usually referred to in the Premier League as “homegrown” players.

This is hardly going to stop clubs like Chelsea hoarding all the top youngsters then loaning them out.

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

6 loans would be:

Wesley

Guilbert

Trez

El Ghazi

Kalinic

Hause

Sanson & Traore to stay as part of the squad.   Still leaves us with 2 loan spaces if we don't count U21's?

• Like 1