Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

In midfield I meant, Mcginn plays on the right and his first thought is always long ball 

Apologies, I see what you mean now, I think you are correct with your assessment of McGinn there, not that you need my approval! 

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

People think Bailey's stepfather is a bad off the field influence...  Just wait until you see Rabiot's mother!

Why sign a mediocre player when you can sign a mediocre player WITH AN OVERBEARING PARENT WHO THINKS THEY SHOULD BE RUNNING THE CLUB?

How good really is Zinchenko in the midfield? Is he really a big upgrade on Ramsey and Mcginn?
I see a lot of people judging by games against Scotland and Wales

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Will be interesting though.

Spurs play with 2 midfielders, which i assume would be Bentancur and Bissouma?

They may not want to sell Hojberg, but if i were a player of his quality, i am not sure i would want to be a backup player?

He wouldn’t be a backup player more so a rotation player, plenty of games to play for clubs in Europe, + it’s competition for places.

Edited by gwi1890

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

How good really is Zinchenko in the midfield? Is he really a big upgrade on Ramsey and Mcginn?

His stats in possession, shot creating, progression, passing and goal creating are very good. But it’s different when you’re playing for city. I’d be keen to see it and play JJ on the right. Digne, zinchenco and Coutinho on the left would be fun to watch. Plus he can cover Digne and Mcginn can come back into the side in the chance Digne gets injured 

16 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Can play left back and can take set pieces also 

56 minutes ago, useless said:

Why are people rattling on about central defenders, we aren't going to sign another unless one of Mings or Konsa is sold. Konsa, Mings, Carlos, Chambers, Hause, and Feeney and Bogarde coming through, is plenty of options.

if you think outside of Mings and Carlos, there is enough to challenge for higher places, then fine.......I think another one would be prudent.

Konsa and Chambers are cover for me.....Hause is surplus and Feeney and Bogarde are yet to develop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still think Sangare would be a beast in our midfield.

What is his style? Say compared to Kamara or Bissouma? I don't know anything about Sangare at all. 

Well if Mings and Carlos are first choices and Konsa and Chambers are cover, that's four players, which is plenty, with younger players offering a futher option, Bogarde and Feeney both look like Rolls Royce players at their age playing against first team opposition in the EFL Trophy, and both have already been part of our first team squad, Kerr Smith has already played first team football in Scotland Premier League.

Even if you discount the youngsters, we've still got plenty of options in central defence, Kamara can also play there.

We won't be signing another central defender unless one of Mings or Konsa is sold.

Bassey can play central defence, but would primarily be signed as a left-back, would only get in our defence if both Mings and Carlos were out.

• Like 1

On 16/06/2022 at 01:08, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, we've been calling the likes of Arsenal and Man U, as well as their players  " shite "  on these boards for years... Without realising the error of our ways. Lol

Its hilarious isn’t it like we’re in no position whatsoever, we need to pull out a marquee signing because unless everyone is fine to finish in places like 10th and 12th then WE need to get some top players in and stop being contented with keeping certain players in there places when teams like spurs and arsenal are signing top players then we are just going to be behind them by a long stretch 

• Like 1

Still really dont see how we can rely on Zinchenko who hardly plays in the Midfield to solve our Midfield issues. and we dont need him as LB cover for 35 million

Too risky. Player we dont need

Edited by messi11

On 16/06/2022 at 16:19, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yes to a CM--should be priority and hopefully of a high standard.

Back up LB for sure.

Striker/Forward depending if a particularly good deal comes up, IMO.

Im just looking at the quality those teams we are trying to push out the way have so striker/forward we need to add to and the CM Needs to be a marquee signing that takes mcginn out the starting 11 thats the only way we improve 

• Like 1