Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Reports about Cucurella valued at 50m sound insane. How much would Cash be worth then?

40m +. given we signed him for 20m and he's proven himself a mid table prem player with potential to improve further. On long term deal and will be playing in world cup in six months.

And full backs go for incredible amounts compared to a decade ago where Luke Young for 6m was considered a decent outlay.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

40m +. given we signed him for 20m and he's proven himself a mid table prem player with potential to improve further. On long term deal and will be playing in world cup in six months.

And full backs go for incredible amounts compared to a decade ago where Luke Young for 6m was considered a decent outlay.

Yes but Cash is a better player than Cucurella. Granted Cuc plays on the left where there’s less competition.

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yes but Cash is a better player than Cucurella. Granted Cuc plays on the left where there’s less competition.

I don’t think that’s actually true. I like Cash but I think Cucurella is fantastic - he’ll be playing CL before too long.

43 minutes ago, RicRic said:

also part of finishing 14th was our poor finishing…

Only very loosely true… of course we can always score more goals and I have no problem with upgrading any position, but we outscored everyone in the bottom half and up to 8th, whereas we conceded more than Burnley. Attack was only rarely the issue.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty sure he has two years left on his deal so surely Lazio will cash in as would be amazed if he signs another.

Fulham were actually linked a few weeks back to him!

What? Fulham?

spacer.png

We should try at least… he’d be immense for us. Might take some convincing but not impossible…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t think that’s actually true. I like Cash but I think Cucurella is fantastic - he’ll be playing CL before too long.

Well, if City sign him he’ll obviously play CL very soon. So will Kalvin Phillips and Nathan Ake.

49 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Well, if City sign him he’ll obviously play CL very soon. So will Kalvin Phillips and Nathan Ake.

Sorry I hadn’t seen the City link. Not surprised though. He’s a great player.

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I do like Cash, but Cucurella is better than Cash in a lot of aspects. Faster, stronger, younger, better crossing and technical ability. More versatile. Cooler name.

Perhaps only marginally better or equal on a couple things but whatever Cucurella goes for, we'd do well to sell Cash for the same value. 

You also have to consider oil money tax for that transfer and that it's only speculation currently. It's just silly numbers being flung around until something realistic sticks. Man City have to sign certain players that will suit how they play and slot into that system. 

I think if City were interested in Cash his value would be £50mil too now. When Athletico were interested I think £30mil tops. People were saying to bite their hands off for £20mil 5 months ago and that he wasn't a Gerrard player. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Is Tyler adams worth a look at - versatile and reportedly available and if taking targets from Leipzig more realistic sadly than Laimer

Would be a great upgrade on Marv, excellent presser and very reliable passer, but tends to pick up injuries a lot and won't want to be a rotation option, unless we're going to play two DMs regularly. He's not going to give you much going forward, but Adams + Kamara would seriously lock things down.

If you're up, you can catch him playing some primo CONCACAF murderball right now.

Edited by the_eristic
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, supermon said:

No decent links to any players? Each time I come into this thread I think there's been some snippet of rumours...guessing the boss is on holiday now 

Just because you saw him leave the building with a pile of maps, doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going on holiday…….

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Phillips for £60m would be a perfect signing...for Man Utd.

Perfect signing for Newcastle’s new manager Gareth Southgate. Howe takes over for England and the clueless Southgate provides the ultimate management appointment for the sports washing campaign. What’s not to like there? 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

If the world cup had been anywhere else but in Qatar, it would take place right now. 

True, but given its happening in Nov/December instead, the season has been brought forward by a week, and extended by a week, and will see additional mid week games. 

Given that is the case, continuing with more games than we might have got in a world Cup seems a bit stupid.

Particularly given that we're coming off the back of 2 busier and longer seasons than normal due to covid.

It was definitely crazy.

In any case, hopefully we see some more movement on our transfer business before our pre season tour in  a few weeks time

• Thanks 1

I'd like Conor Gallagher if we lose Luiz so that it really gives us a midfield that we can look forward to for years. 

Also offers more goal scoring punch then our other non ramsey midfielders and puts a shift in defensively. Not a very good long passer though. 

I saw him rumoured by a journo on twitter with 100k followers but he wasn't part of any major news organisation so I imagine that's rather suspect.