Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

38 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

bit concerned we might have finished

No, there is another page already and I would expect we will more than double our current page total;)

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who is Noel Whelan? He is saying Buendia is getting the axe so we can buy Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Should go on the source blacklist immediately then. What a joke.

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who is Noel Whelan? He is saying Buendia is getting the axe so we can buy Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The former player? He was a bloke from coventry back in the day who looked like the front man from Suede and had resting moaning b**ch face.  

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

So Bissouma has gone to Spurs for 25-30m so you can strike that from our list.

First Bentancur and now Bissouma, are Spurs using ViilaTalk members as their talent scouts? The lure of London and the CL strikes again:(. Fair enough, there are other fish in the sea. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, duke313 said:

some ex Leeds player so obviously spends a lot of time on this forum and knows everything about Villa

29 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He is a rent-a-quote sickly bellend no mark ex player of scumbag clubs that seems to always have something to say about Villa. No mind should be paid to anything he has to say about anything.

Just now, Mazrim said:

He is a rent-a-quote sickly bellend no mark ex player of scumbag clubs that seems to always have something to say about Villa. No mind should be paid to anything he has to say about anything.

Zante 2004 vibes for me 🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

us-numbering.jpg

When i did my ussf license this was formation numbering system, we had to refer to the numbers when making coaching points!

It's interesting seeing this, mainly because when I grew up everything was based on a 4-4-2.

I'm not saying I disagree with it, it makes more sense given current tactics and I use those numbers myself now, but when I grew up 9 and 10 were both strikers, 11 and 7 were wingers, and 6 and 8 were both CMs. The most you would say about the roles of the Central midfield pairing would be that one would be a box to box, or a 'midfield general' (which I'm sure was a euphemism for being a bit of a dirty B'tard). It's a lot more nuanced now. 

That said......it says 'soccer' on your drawing. Bleurgh.    

18 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

us-numbering.jpg

When i did my ussf license this was formation numbering system, we had to refer to the numbers when making coaching points!

Started off badly with using “soccer”, that’s officially classed as child abuse 😉

• Like 3

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

what midfielders are we likely to go after, now Bissouma is no longer available 

A list of ones I would LIKE us to go for (in no particular order) -

• Ibrahim Sangaré (PSV)
  • Conor Gallagher (Chelsea)
  • Kouadio Koné (Gladbach)
  • Houssem Aouar (Lyon)
  • Oleksandr Zinchenko (Man City)
  • Like 4

One Central midfielder and maybe a striker or left back. Max of 2 coming in.

It's a matter of who goes. Assume Sanson, Luiz, Guilbert, Trez go. Hopefully Traore, El Ghazi and Davis too. That may find one more player in as I guess we won't get more than £50-60m for that lot in total given our ability to sell for peanuts!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

A list of ones I would LIKE us to go for (in no particular order) -

• Ibrahim Sangaré (PSV)
  • Conor Gallagher (Chelsea)
  • Kouadio Koné (Gladbach)
  • Houssem Aouar (Lyon)
  • Oleksandr Zinchenko (Man City)

Tuen Koopmeiners (Atalanta)

• Like 1