Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

14 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

How about Corentin Tolisso been released from Bayern, only 27 a decent midfielder that was highly rated and sort after when he was at Lyon 

Unfortunatly another promising player who has done his ACL in 2018-2019 and again his Knee ligaments in 20-21..a huge gamble to be honest

6 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Unfortunatly another promising player who has done his ACL in 2018-2019 and again his Knee ligaments in 20-21..a huge gamble to be honest

True but hasn’t ings done both his knees before, if we could get him at a decent wage I think he’ll be an asset in the squad as hopefully gerrard uses it this season and not the same midfield most weekends 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is a reason they were relegated from the first division in the first place. Some shocking attitudes and performances 

Bizarrely the ultras and the owner teamed up to have a go at the players which is a new one 😂

What the hell 😂 wow I didn’t know that at all! That’s a new one indeed, they are in a huge hole then. 

I heard Onana is decent though not sure if he’d be better than our current midfielders.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I think we're shopping at Fortnum and Mason or Waitrose if we're stuck now. Now more of this Asda nonsense.

Would be nice. Can’t see L’plop spending the money for Bellingham now they dropped 80M on Nunez, or maybe give Barca the €85M they want for Frenkie de Jong cos Utd are trying to low ball them for €60M and some crisps.

I’m sure either player would jump at a move to the Midlands! 

Just now, Awol said:

Would be nice. Can’t see L’plop spending the money for Bellingham now they dropped 80M on Nunez, or maybe give Barca the €85M they want for Frenkie de Jong cos Utd are trying to low ball them for €60M and some crisps.

I’m sure either player would jump at a move to the Midlands! 

Bellingham is exactly the player we need. Ah man, can you imagine?

Yes, I know its unlikely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

What the hell 😂 wow I didn’t know that at all! That’s a new one indeed, they are in a huge hole then. 

I heard Onana is decent though not sure if he’d be better than our current midfielders.

The Guardian did a damning article on the club about a month ago, if can find it its really scary how bad a club can be. It makes Lerner/Xia look like brilliant owners. They pretty much sackedand retired Koscielny at Christmas

The only one that got any praise for the season was the Honduras striker Eilts I think he had a good goal return before injury

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Bellingham is exactly the player we need. Ah man, can you imagine?

Yes, I know its unlikely.

Kamara, Bellingham, Ramsey. Average age of 20.

Zoiks. 

I actually think Ramsey is very similar to Bellingham in terms of style, but it wouldn't hurt us at all to have another player similar to Ramsey to challenge he and McGinn for the other box-to-box midfield role. Gallagher could be that player, but with Ramsey and Kamara being as young as they are, and other young midfielders in the background, I've a feeling the midfielder we go for will be one with a little more experience.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think that's a tad optimistic

Kamara, Countinho, Carlos, Martinez, Digne...

All players that came from or have been heavily linked to clubs in the Champions League. We're not finished yet, Pissflaps.

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

Bordeaux have been relegated to the third French division due to financial problems.

Since we like to be opportunist to some degree, is there anyone we could nab from them? Maybe a younger player with bags of potential? 

Was hoping this was going to happen to Chelsea,  Newcastle and Man City. 

Edit - And the self proclaimed “super League” clubs. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, RicRic said:

Ronaldo bad season 🫤 im sorry which ronaldo have you been watching? and no my logic shows WE finished 14th place and part of that is clinical decisiveness in the final third 🫣 so we need to try and change that for the better instead of thinking like a small club and being content … be ruthless and make a change im not saying sell everyone but one must be sacrificed and that sir is my logic!

You do realise this isn’t Ronaldo’s first season in the Premiership right?

Part of finishing 14th was poor defending, poor/slack decision making in the midfield, some goal keeping errors.  Where do we stop, selling  people every time there is a mistake?

We have two England Strikers and an U21 prodigy on the books, it’s not small time, it’s giving Gerrard and staff a preseason to get them firing.