Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Need 2 players in each position right? So as it stands 

MgGinn / Luiz

Ramsey / ? 

Kamara / Nakamba/ youngster 

So yes, we need at least one midfielder. Are Nakamba and youngster good enough for cover ?

Im assuming we’re going to sell Sanson.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Well he is and he isn't, he plays both as a DM or as a defensive CM in a double pivot.  He's the type of player we are missing though in the midfield three, Kamara as the #6, a #6/8 hybrid like Bissouma and and #8.

Yep, exactly what I was saying.

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

MgGinn / Luiz

Ramsey / ? 

So yes, we need at least one midfielder. Are Nakamba and youngster good enough for cover ?

I think the question mark in the above is Coutinho?

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Well he is and he isn't, he plays both as a DM or as a defensive CM in a double pivot.  He's the type of player we are missing though in the midfield three, Kamara as the #6, a #6/8 hybrid like Bissouma and and #8.

17 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yep, exactly what I was saying.

Would we drop McGinn and or Dougie to accommodate a new 8? My initial reaction to signing Kamara was that we could push Dougie up to fulfil just the hybrid role discussed, which to my mind he is best at.

If we get a new 8, Dougie and Sanson have to go imo. 

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Vardy is remarkable and if 10 years younger would be an incredible buy. 

Personally I think Dennis would be a cracking buy, he's like a better version of Richarlison when he moved from Watford. He feels like a Veretout when he moved from us, his quality was masked by playing in an absolute car crash of a side that got relegated. 

Probably the best recommendation ive heard this summer and i didnt even think about this before now

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d class Coutinho as a wide forward 

Coutinho / Bailey

Ings / Watkins 

Beundia / Traore

I get where you are coming from. We haven't played wide forwards much though, particularly in the last few games. We sort of have two 10s in Buendia and Coutinho. 10's in that they play very narrow for wide players (or wide for ACMs). 

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Would we drop McGinn and or Dougie to accommodate a new 8? My initial reaction to signing Kamara was that we could push Dougie up to fulfil just the hybrid role discussed, which to my mind he is best at.

I don't even think Sanson is in the discussion, both DS and SG don't appear to rate him.  Douglas Luiz could fulfill the role, but again with his contract issue he could be off along with Sanson.  So if both leave then we should be looking at a defensive minded #8 to start in midfield.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d class Coutinho as a wide forward 

Coutinho / Bailey

Ings / Watkins 

Beundia / Traore

We don't play with wide forwards anymore - width is from the wing backs.  Coutinho and Buendia sit much more centrally, even if they occasionally drift.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I think the question mark in the above is Coutinho?

I would definitely say no. He needs to play as a 10. One of 1 or 2 depending on the needs of the game. 

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

MgGinn / Luiz

Ramsey / ? 

I think McGinn and Ramsey (and Chuk) are competing for the midfield role with a bit more freedom to roam around the pitch.  Luiz will be back-up to our new Number 8 and Kamara / Tim and Nakamba are competing for the more defensive role.

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I get where you are coming from. We haven't played wide forwards much though, particularly in the last few games. We sort of have two 10s in Buendia and Coutinho. 10's in that they play very narrow for wide players (or wide for ACMs). 

Yeh I’m just assuming it’s how Gerrard would like to play based on how Liverpool do. Could be totally wrong about that. 

1 minute ago, allani said:

I think McGinn and Ramsey (and Chuk) are competing for the midfield role with a bit more freedom to roam around the pitch.  Luiz will be back-up to our new Number 8 and Kamara / Tim and Nakamba are competing for the more defensive role.

Makes sense. So either way need one more midfielder ideally? Two if selling Luiz.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I would definitely say no. He needs to play as a 10. One of 1 or 2 depending on the needs of the game. 

That's what I was getting at. Ramsey and Coutinho as competition in the 10 role.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn’t know what else to call them?

Mezzala's? [puts tin hat on]

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh I’m just assuming it’s how Gerrard would like to play based on how Liverpool do. Could be totally wrong about that. 

I think we will be playing with a No 9 and two 10s - with McGinn / Ramsay arriving from deep and the two fullbacks playing further forward to provide the width.  Kamara will drop back - centre backs push slightly wider to provide cover should we lose possession.

13 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

We should, yes. Luiz then competes with new 8 who covers Kamara and McGinn competes with Ramsey. I would definitely start Ramsey over McGinn. McGinn should have reduced defensive tasking as he just cannot cover the space quickly enough to be effective. I would personally play Sanson over McGinn too but it looks like he isn't fancied for whatever reason.

Then ahead of the 3 mids is Coutinho and Buendia, with Chuk (who would also cover Ramsey too initially), Bailey and Ings covering those positions in different configurations. Thats how I see it anyway.

• Like 1