Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Because if the player on £200k is shit, it will hurt the team. We won't be able to move them on, and we won't be able to sign anyone for much money as we can't afford it.

That's why people care. That's why they want signings to be thought through fully.

There were a few articles in the press before he signed that he was demanding 150k, but that would have been his agent spreading that. I very much doubt an unproven player from the French League who, at the time, hadn't any international caps, was on 48k,would then be paid 200k by us. Especially given we have a salary cap of about 150k.

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

There were a few articles in the press before he signed that he was demanding 150k, but that would have been his agent spreading that. I very much doubt an unproven player from the French League who, at the time, hadn't any international caps, was on 48k,would then be paid 200k by us. Especially given we have a salary cap of about 150k.

Have I missed something on wages? Seems a lot of people are ITK on it all.

Talks of our wage structure, our salary cap - where is this information coming from? 

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I assume a total package they were wanting that. They wouldn't be getting what they wanted but I'm sure our financial package was better than Atletico. I'd say he was given an amount up front of a few million and a salary of 100-120k per week. So it fits in wage structure.

Tricky paying a 22yo such a high salary relative to his peers. Ings, Coutinho and Digne are senior players with lots of experience and proven in the league. You pay for that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Type Sangare into Google and apparently all the top clubs are after him. Obviously might not be true but if it is, I can’t imagine he’d come here.

I did this with Kamara and all the top clubs were in for him as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I assume a total package they were wanting that. They wouldn't be getting what they wanted but I'm sure our financial package was better than Atletico. I'd say he was given an amount up front of a few million and a salary of 100-120k per week. So it fits in wage structure.

Tricky paying a 22yo such a high salary relative to his peers. Ings, Coutinho and Digne are senior players with lots of experience and proven in the league. You pay for that

Obviously none of us know the details but it would be highly unusual for a signing on bonus to be paid upfront. They are built into the salary and paid as bonuses after certain time criteria are met

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We are one of the top clubs. 

I thought this comment was a little optimistic until I had a good think about it.

Our early signings will greatly assist selling our project of Villa joining the real PL elite to other players.

We are on the verge of becoming an attractive club for ambitious players to join.

• Like 2

I'd be looking to improve some of our attacking options. Trezeguet and El Ghazi im sure will be sold soon, but one i think we could do is sell bertrand traore and try to replace him with maxwel cornet.

Traore either isnt given a chance or is injured and I think we need someone with the consistency with Cornet. It's a definite improvement as an attacking option and gives a bit more consistency too.

17 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think we will spend big on a CM and FW/ST. Followed by £10-15m on a backup LB.

Spending approximately  £100mill, hopefully then generating £30-40mill from sales.

£80M max I reckon but i hope this is the plan

36 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I thought this comment was a little optimistic until I had a good think about it.

Our early signings will greatly assist selling our project of Villa joining the real PL elite to other players.

We are on the verge of becoming an attractive club for ambitious players to join.

I agree, our very ambitious owners want us to become a big attractive club. That’s something that they understand and can put things in place to be an attractive business. Success on the pitch has perhaps more of a random element to it, but if they put all the things they can control in place, then given time sporting success will follow. 

I think that there can be a sort of opening of the floodgates situation. Once we achieve some level of success on the pitch more will follow. Success breeding success and all that. I’m pretty sure they have long term plans and they’re not the type to either give in or sit back and rest on their laurels once we start to really achieve. 

Edited by DaveAV1

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I know and I don't really give a shit.

I just think it's ridiculous when people try to shut down an opinion because billionaire's can never be wrong. Despite the numerous examples of billionaire's in football **** shit up beyond belief.

Not just in football either.

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’m not sure why we’d sign Jesus because he himself said he’s not a striker.  In fact we’ve talked all season that Man City doing so well without a striker.  He plays wide of the striking position.  If we want a No.9 then surely he doesn’t fit and that’s before even considering whether he’d come to us or whether we want him.

Well said guess thats that then, im trying to find that player who would probably sign to a arsenal or Tottenham but if enticed a little bit would come to join us…

One player i can think of who would be the ultimate signing

Andre Silva (Rb Leipzig) Age 26 

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I just think it's ridiculous when people try to shut down an opinion because billionaire's can never be wrong. Despite the numerous examples of billionaire's accruing their wealth by mostly criminal means.

Fixed this one right up for you mate. 

• Like 1