Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

He was released from bail last Jan which means there is no evidence to suggest he committed a crime, a 40 year old man is currently on bail, the offence, although it is sexual assault and is wrong, appears to be at the very minor end of sexual assault i.e. arse pinching. Bissouma is not charged with anything and is free to travel and do what he wants. He was released under investigation which means there is nothing on him.

The bits in bold are either misinformation or assumption. We don’t know the details of the allegation or what evidence the police are possession of so why speculate. 

To be clear though being released under investigation absolutely does not mean “there is nothing on him”. I have no more idea than anyone else re this particular case but I don’t know why people post with such certainty about matters they are pretty clueless about ie legal procedures.

59 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I love the idea of signing a Sangare sort of player to go alongside Kamara in a 4-2-3-1 as I think that in turn gets the best out of Buendia and Coutinho, it also gives a more balanced way of getting both into a starting XI together but I just can't see that being a shape they go for. Especially as it doesn't suit McGinn.

As it stands with the two formations we have been playing I think they're crying out for an 8 who can offer more control in possession and be able to beat a press etc. McGinn and Ramsey have their strengths but their general passing numbers make for rough reading. Kamara is a great start but you don't want to have an over-reliance on him alone to solve it.

Me too. We have two attacking 8's in JJ and SJM and a third if you count Chuckie but it would be good to be able to field a strong double pivot/two sitters in a number of games. Dougie could possibly do that if he stays but it would be great to have a more physical presence. Maybe Sanson could also fulfill this role but it looks like he is off?

Sangare or Bissouma        Kamara.                           with Dougie/Sanson as cover rotation (I would probably sell Nakamba)

JJ/SJM

Would be a really strong - defo top half - PL midfield and be a great base for Phillips and/or EMI to work from.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Find that guy's posts exciting. He'll be loving this attention.

But he did say we'll be signing Suarez and Tarkowski and Richarlison.

He’s a fraud, but considering we ain’t got much else… I’ll go with his vague tweets, for a lol

31 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Retweeted by the guy with a decent record. Although Richarlison hasn’t happened.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

https://twitter.com/villa_1_8_7_4?s=21&t=4sDiJy6AHaiq5_jFwPsP3Q

….interesting, even if this doesn’t manifest the fact this guy has chosen to retweet it suggests there is a discussion in play.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He’s a fraud, but considering we ain’t got much else… I’ll go with his vague tweets, for a lol

He genuinely isn’t a fraud. The stats and timing suggests he has some insight, privilege or access to some transfers somehow.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I am not disagreeing with you but just asking why you prefer him.  It does seem like you have watched him and Bissouma a fair bit and certainly more than me so I am genuinely interested in how you compare the two of them and what you see in Sangare, or Bissouma, that makes you prefer the former.

Honestly think they are quite similar from what I've seen. Both are really good at winning the ball while also pretty good on the ball.

Would say that Sangare is better at carrying the ball and dribbling but that might be down to him playing against inferior opponents. Hard to say. Sangare is also really, really strong.

Bissouma is probably a better PL player atm but in 6 months to a year Sangare might likely be better if he signs and gets used to the league.

We might not specifically sign Jesus, we aren't going to sign most players we're linked to realistic and unrealistic so if you dismiss every link most times you're going to be right, but the forward we do end up signing whoever it is, will probably be a player that people would have thought is out of our reach, as was the case with Kamara, and Coutinho.

• Like 2

Just now, thunderball said:

He genuinely isn’t a fraud. The stats and timing suggests he has some insight, privilege or access to some transfers somehow.

All his tweets are vague version of existing rumours…  it’s not exactly new news. 

if he gets it wrong, he don’t talk about it. If he gets it right he has boast. Standard ITK nonsense 

• Like 1

This was prior to Carlos signing. Note it is plural. We subsequently sign Carlos (which no one really predicted), and then Richarlison comes into the public domain, Suarez is an easy link, but he has also now intimated Jesus. 

Edited by thunderball